Pixel XL vs V20- Help me decide!

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
These are the 2 most anticipated phones of the year in my opinion (other then the S7 edge) and now I don't know which phone to get. The only thing I see the V20 has over the Pixel XL is the quad DAC, SD card slot, OIS and maybe a better camera the the pixel (we'll have to find out when reviews are out.) The Pixel XL on the other hand one ups the V20 by almost everything like the specs, battery capacity, AMOLED display, and Google Assistant. I really hope the Pixel XL comes with the hifi DAC found in HTC 10. If it has the hifi DAC I'm going to get one immediately. Help me decide guys!

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
These are the 2 most anticipated phones of the year in my opinion (other then the S7 edge) and now I don't know which phone to get. The only thing I see the V20 has over the Pixel XL is the quad DAC, SD card slot, OIS and maybe a better camera the the pixel (we'll have to find out when reviews are out.) The Pixel XL on the other hand one ups the V20 by almost everything like the specs, battery capacity, AMOLED display, and Google Assistant. I really hope the Pixel XL comes with the hifi DAC found in HTC 10. If it has the hifi DAC I'm going to get one immediately. Help me decide guys!
Well for me I'd take a removable battery over slightly higher battery capacity any day. There is no battery that can last a full day under my extreme uses. So being able to go from 0% to 100% in 15 seconds is a huge plus for me. Also I'm able to finance the V20 from T-Mobile which I can't do with the Pixel.

I'll be getting the V20 this year and maybe I'll pick up a used Pixel XL next year.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using a S7 edge and compared to the V20, it lacks bigger battery, AMOLED screen, and a bit better performing camera. Compared to the Pixel XL, it lacks...well nothing except OIS but I'll have to wait for the camera review, it just lacks a hifi dac from the V20. Also why would Google pull an Apple and make a 32 and 128gb variants but no 64gb, I'd like to pay somewhere in the middle of 769 and 869 for a 64gb Pixel XL but Google wasn't thinking correctly all the way.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well for me I'd take a removable battery over slightly higher battery capacity any day. There is no battery that can last a full day under my extreme uses. So being able to go from 0% to 100% in 15 seconds is a huge plus for me. Also I'm able to finance the V20 from T-Mobile which I can't do with the Pixel.

I'll be getting the V20 this year and maybe I'll pick up a used Pixel XL next year.

Thats my plan B but can't you finance pixel XL on google store? Or is that monthly thing a google fi thing

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the V10. It was a wonderful phone, but not without drawbacks. First, even though it had a swappable battery, life was not good. It didn't have an amoled screen and it showed. Colors were very blah. And the sheer bulk of it was just uncomfortable and overwhelming. I've got an S7 EDGE and the 5.5" screen in that nice smaller frame is perfect. So I recommend the pixel over the V20. I just ordered the 5" in black. Not as my S7 edge replacement, but as an extra phone on fi. My S7 edge is on Verizon which I'm weaning all 5 lines off of. Already got 1 down. So if you want the "phablet" type of phone, go with the Pixel XL. And remember the software it'll have too.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the V10. It was a wonderful phone, but not without drawbacks. First, even though it had a swappable battery, life was not good. It didn't have an amoled screen and it showed. Colors were very blah. And the sheer bulk of it was just uncomfortable and overwhelming. I've got an S7 EDGE and the 5.5" screen in that nice smaller frame is perfect. So I recommend the pixel over the V20. I just ordered the 5" in black. Not as my S7 edge replacement, but as an extra phone on fi. My S7 edge is on Verizon which I'm weaning all 5 lines off of. Already got 1 down. So if you want the "phablet" type of phone, go with the Pixel XL. And remember the software it'll have too.

The Pixel is so close to the perfect smartphone for 2016. It's just missing a hifi dac and ois but I'm definitely waiting for the reviews for both to really decide if I should spend $880+

MikeBerry3

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
You can finance it on the Google store. Probably the best option too because you can get the 2 year insurance for $99 as opposed to paying like $11 per month for 2 years which is $264

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
If you've actually been following the pixels thread, you must have noticed that most of the haterade have probably been coming from my end. Lol.. But in the interest of your health and sanity, go for the pixel. Infact, How are you confused even?

See don't let our haterade campaign here fool you into thinking the pixel isn't one hell of a good phone. Well, except you're just that much into only audio/recording that you can't make do with any other phone and in that case you shouldn't even be considering the pixels in the first place :D

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend waiting until you can get some actual user reviews to decide. Right now everything is pure speculation.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The Pixel is so close to the perfect smartphone for 2016. It's just missing a hifi dac and ois but I'm definitely waiting for the reviews for both to really decide if I should spend $880+
It's also missing IP68 for me. I need that waterproofing since I live in a rainy city.