I absolutely detest iPhones, but I wish Pixel XL has the dual camera setup like the iPhone 7 Plus.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely detest iPhones, but I wish Pixel XL has the dual camera setup like the iPhone 7 Plus.

I played with my neighbor's iPhone 7 Plus for a few hours yesterday. Oh my lord, that phone has the most awesome camera I have ever used on a smartphone. The dual camera setup sounded like a gimmick to me, but the more I used it, the move I loved it. :( (which makes me real sad when I had to go back to using my own S7 edge)

Not really sure if I'll go with the Pixel XL. It's supposed to have a great camera, but I don't suppose it will have the capabilities of the iPhone 7 Plus camera?

mop26921

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It definitely won't have the same capabilities as the Iphone 7+ camera. But look at it this way, at least you have a headphone jack :)

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
So, let me ask you. Honestly speaking. What do you specifically like about the iphone 7/plus camera? Just curious.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
It definitely won't have the same capabilities as the Iphone 7+ camera. But look at it this way, at least you have a headphone jack :)

Apple was being stupid when them took away the headphone jack.
It's another reason I detest iPhones.

Having said that, I haven't used wired headphones in a few years.
My current headphones are the Bose QC35 wireless headphones
and other than the occasional slight delay when playing videos,
they sound great.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
So, let me ask you. Honestly speaking. What do you specifically like about the iphone 7/plus camera? Just curious.

compared side-by-side with my S7 edge and Note 7(going away soon),
the iPhone 7 Plus camera was more responsive. When I tap it, the
shutter goes off faster than the S7 edge. It's also "feels" smoother.
Also very useful when I want to zoom in to the subject, especially my
cats and dogs.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
cats and dogs.
The only thing the second camera gets you in that list, from what I understand, is a better zoom. I've heard more reviewers be unimpressed with it than impressed. But if you liked it that much then hopefully you can get it on your next Android.

stevec5375

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site

I played with my neighbor's iPhone 7 Plus for a few hours yesterday. Oh my lord, that phone has the most awesome camera I have ever used on a smartphone. The dual camera setup sounded like a gimmick to me, but the more I used it, the move I loved it. :( (which makes me real sad when I had to go back to using my own S7 edge)

Not really sure if I'll go with the Pixel XL. It's supposed to have a great camera, but I don't suppose it will have the capabilities of the iPhone 7 Plus camera?

The LG V20 has dual cameras plus the selfie camera.

sartaz

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah having a nicer portrait lens like the iPhone would be great. Yet, I would go with a android over a iPhone in a heartbeat

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
cats and dogs.

I dont detest the IP, wife has one and its sooo smooth compared to my 5X. But I think thats what make IP so good, its smoothness. And why are people so bent out of shape over a headphone jack. Its almost 2017 and everything is BT now. They did away with headphone jacks on car year ago and went BT. No more hanging cords, better if you as me. I havent use a headphone jack in years. Reminds me of people complaining about the 5X USB C and now manuf are slowly switching over, same goes for the SD cards. Apple just did it first and soon other will follow. Headphone jack is outdated.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I dont detest the IP, wife has one and its sooo smooth compared to my 5X. But I think thats what make IP so good, its smoothness..

what? you mean Google engineers and executives were lying
when they claimed that Android Lollipop(2 versions ago) solved
the smoothness problem and Android phones were forever
just as smooth(if not smoother) than any iPhone? :(

I distinctly remember it because that's what they said when they
announced the Nexus 5... in fact, Android Central articles also
claimed the same thing... that was over 2 years ago...

You and I will probably be flamed, but yes, I agree with you.. even
my S7 edge and Note 7 are nowhere as smooth as the iPhone 6S
Plus and iPhone 7 Plus. (going to find my flame-retardant suit now)

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't get me wrong there are things I like about them both. I know it's going to impossible to get a perfect phone, but I wish one of them would do it.

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
What's the actual benefit of the dual camera system? I've seen some shots, and other than a wider viewing angle, I'm not seeing the actual benefit. What I think would be incredible though would be post focus... I can't remember the name of the camera, but the ability to adjust the depth of field would be a great feature... or I'm crazy.

edit: I'm crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18