Screen Replacement Cost?

mrsafety7

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know the cost and difficulty of replacing a screen on the Pixel/Pixel XL?

It would be curious to see because the Nexus 6 Screen is twice and much as the Nexus 6P Screen and if anything is going to break it would be the screen.

tunic330

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Anything inbetween 100-250 Euros I'd say. That's what it costs to replace the screen of a Nexus 6P in Sweden. Luckily the Pixel's does not have curved screen. I believe replacing those are even more expensive.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the cost and difficulty of replacing a screen on the Pixel/Pixel XL?

It would be curious to see because the Nexus 6 Screen is twice and much as the Nexus 6P Screen and if anything is going to break it would be the screen.

I would check this out from the Google Store for $99.

Accidental damage

Device protection covers your phone for up to 2 incidents of accidental damage (including drops, cracks, and spills) over 2 years. Visit mydeviceprotect.com or call Assurant at 877-406-4372 to start a claim. Before you call, read "Start a claim for your device" below.

JeanRuse

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I'd much rather have a ballistic glass screen protector than end up replacing a screen. Self replacement is a very delicate process.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Id' rather pay the deductible or figure out how to replace screen than put my phone in an ugly-as-all-hell rubbermaid looking humongous case. :)

mrsafety7

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
You are totally right..... I just have never gotten the insurance in the past and just had a decent case and be really careful..... If I end up getting the Pixel I suppose the $179 is cheaper than being without a phone long term and given that I have broken every single phone I have ever owned maybe I should start buying the insurance.....