decision to make . insurance or no insurance

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So im about to order my pixel xl and with the 32gb xl being so pricey I can't decide wether or not insurance is worth it..I've never had it any of my other phones. I usually buy a new phone each year but this is the first one I've paid this much for and I kinda feel like i should get the insurance but with my track record I don' know if ill even need it . Does anyone know if a glass screen protector will work with the OtterBox case for this phone if I take off the sp that comes with it or will it be too snug of a fit ?

Nilo7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Well if you're asking if you put your own screen protector on and punch out the one that comes with the Otter Box, yes you could do that and it should work. Just make sure you get all the sticky stuff off the front part of the case or else it'll pull your new screen protector off.

Getting insurance can cover the phone getting lose or stolen, too, which in my opinion could be a bigger threat than dropping it when you have all that protection.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Getting insurance can cover the phone getting lose or stolen, too, which in my opinion could be a bigger threat than dropping it when you have all that protection.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Google's insurance doesn't cover loss or theft. There may be some other 3rd-party insurers that do cover loss or theft, like Squaretrade, but I am not positive.

If you get Google's insurance and break the phone, you've already spent an additional $179 to fix it, since the insurance is $99.99 and $79 for the deductible. Now, if you are unfortunate and damage your phone in the first 6 months, it's a lot cheaper to pay $179 than $700-900 to replace the phone. However, I am sure these phones will depreciate, as all phones do, and I wouldn't be surprised if these may only be worth $350-$500 in a year.

In my case, I currently have a Nexus 6P and a Nexus 6, so I look at those as a form of insurance. Yes, I would be upset if something happened to my new Pixel, but I would still be able to use a very capable device as a replacement.

If I didn't have the luxury of having a couple spare phones, I may be more apt to get insurance. However, if I did, it would be a policy that covers loss and theft.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer