Will old chargers work on the Pixel?

mrc13

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I still have some Samsung chargers from the whole Note 7 debacle. Is there any reason not to use them on the Pixel? Even if the fast charging doesn't work as fast as the stock Pixel charger, as long as there are no negative side effects I'll use them.

Todd Simon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Just look at the voltage and current ratings on the old chargers. Most likely they'll be rated somewhere between 3 - 5 volts and 1-3 amps. If the older chargers are rated the same as our lower than the Pixel's charger you will be okay.

The only thing really keeping you from other charges is if they charge the phone at levels that are higher than what the phone is specified for. Good luck.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The only issue could be using the type of charger where you can plug in a USB-C cable and it isn't rated for the amperage/voltage. If it is an OEM USB C charger where the cable is built into the charger it will be fine.

Jon Shipman1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I still have some Samsung chargers from the whole Note 7 debacle. Is there any reason not to use them on the Pixel? Even if the fast charging doesn't work as fast as the stock Pixel charger, as long as there are no negative side effects I'll use them.

I assume it's the same deal as when the last Nexus came out. My wife's 5x practically drains with a QC2.0 charger and has to plug it in with an older 2amp charger to get it to actually charge. My guess is QC2.0 chargers might go down as low as 500mah.

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i use sammy fast wall adapter on my current ZTE X3 QC 1.0. I think the cable is good one it should be fine....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc