Over 100 Photos taken with the Pixel

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Most are very well lit shots. Very few action shots, except for some on the water, but those are brightly lit so there is good detail, no blur. Very few low light shots that would challenge the camera. In short, not much to learn about the camera by looking at these shots.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Most are very well lit shots. Very few action shots, except for some on the water, but those are brightly lit so there is good detail, no blur. Very few low light shots that would challenge the camera. In short, not much to learn about the camera by looking at these shots.

You guys on these device forums crack me up. As a professional photographer, these photos are outstanding. Moreover, I don't use my phone for critical assignments, but the fact that phone cameras have come so far is beyond impressive. I'll always use my DSLR with good glass any day, but in looking at these shots, they are amazing.

I'd recommend this phone to anyone and personally speaking, I don't want to see pics of cats or kitchen sinks, etc that you typically see from average users. I want to see what the camera/phone is capable of and these clearly show the camera capacity.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I guess it will be better wait until we see daily photos which shot by "normal" user, only we will know how good is the camera.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You guys on these device forums crack me up. As a professional photographer, these photos are outstanding. Moreover, I don't use my phone for critical assignments, but the fact that phone cameras have come so far is beyond impressive. I'll always use my DSLR with good glass any day, but in looking at these shots, they are amazing.

I'd recommend this phone to anyone and personally speaking, I don't want to see pics of cats or kitchen sinks, etc that you typically see from average users. I want to see what the camera/phone is capable of and these clearly show the camera capacity.
To me, it shows what you can do after editing. I want unedited photos from an every day joe since I am not a pro photographer and won't be spending time with manual settings or photo editing.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
To me, it shows what you can do after editing. I want unedited photos from an every day joe since I am not a pro photographer and won't be spending time with manual settings or photo editing.

Yep.

From the article:

Also note that the Pixel camera had a little help. It appears at least half of these photos were processed with Snapseed and VSCO.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yep.

From the article:

Also note that the Pixel camera had a little help. It appears at least half of these photos were processed with Snapseed and VSCO.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but on the flipside, a pro photographer can take photos that make a camera look better than it actually is. I've seen it plenty of times before.
I'd argue that they can only show what a camera is fully capable of if that is what you mean by better.

If you mean using it in situations like less than ideal lighting to see how it performs then yes more shots in those situations to gauge low performance are welcomed.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

Unless you are printing your photos, your comments have little merit. They will look different on everyone's phone or computer unless you have them all calibrated the same.

Even if these photos were edited, you need a quality source image for you to extract a better outcome...The old adage of garbage in, garbage out applies. Putting lipstick on a pig is only marginally effective...This isn't lipstick or a pig.

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for this phone and camera. After being an Android faithful and suffering with terrible cameras for years i can't wait for Android to finally have a competitive camera!

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are printing your photos, your comments have little merit. They will look different on everyone's phone or computer unless you have them all calibrated the same.

Even if these photos were edited, you need a quality source image for you to extract a better outcome...The old adage of garbage in, garbage out applies. Putting lipstick on a pig is only marginally effective...This isn't lipstick or a pig.
My comments are accurate. Yours seem to have nothing to do with anything.

The photos shown by pro photographers are no better than other photos shot by pro photographers. You can find photos that look just as good taken by smartphones from 4 years ago or so because they can correct for the limitations of the devices they're using.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

As an amateur photographer, I agree.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My comments are accurate. Yours seem to have nothing to do with anything.

The photos shown by pro photographers are no better than other photos shot by pro photographers. You can find photos that look just as good taken by smartphones from 4 years ago or so because they can correct for the limitations of the devices they're using.

Idk man, I agree with bold9930 on this. He has a point about having a quality source, you can't just edit a bad shot and make it great.