When you order your Pixel, don't look at your order history

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There's an inevitable depression associated with seeing how much "stuff" you buy from any one retailer when you see it all at once. I accidentally got into my order history on the Google Store and saw this:

Purchased directly from Google:
Nexus 7 2012
Nexus 7 2012 Dock
Nexus 7 2013
HP Chromebook 11
Nexus Player
Nexus 6P
Nexus 6P Case
Nexus 5X
Pixel C
Pixel C Keyboard
Photos Live Case for Nexus 5X
Pixel
Pixel XL
Google Home

And that doesn't include all the Google products picked up from their partners directly:

Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus
Nvidia Shield (Android TV)
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 9
Nexus 6
Moto 360
Nest

And all the third party accessories to go with all that junk...

I feel like seeking out a 12 step program. Anyone else gone overboard with one particular vendor?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had 17 Android phones in the last few years :(, and that doesn't include one's I've bought and sold more than once (and doesn't include the pixel). Not one vendor though...

Amazon is pretty bad for me. If I scroll through my order history I'll find things I don't recognize and think "when the heck did I buy that? ? Oh... August of this year..."

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Mine:

Nexus Q (yeah I was one of them -- ashamed LOL)
Nexus 7
Nexus 5 32 GB
Chromecast 1st Gen
Chromebook Pixel LTE (2013)
Google Glass
Nexus 9
Nexus 5X 32 GB
Chromebook Pixel LS 2015
Chromecast 2nd Gen
Pixel C 64GB
Pixel Phone 32GB

Waiting for home and Wifi and will order those when available...

Those are direct from Google but I have also purchased Google stuff from Best Buy and other retailers. I've also had a Nexus One, a Nexus S, a Galaxy Nexus, a Nexus 4 and a Nexus Player along with a few other items and accessories... Google Glass was purchased online but I had to pick it up at the Venice Beach compound. They were replaced with V2 by Google via mail..

Not included in my list are warranty replacements.. I had 2 Nexus 7's replaced, one Chromebook Pixel LTE (2013) replaced and a Nexus 5 replaced direct from Google... The Nexus Q was fully refunded but shipped for free to me anyways after Google abandoned it LOL..

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had 17 Android phones in the last few years :(, and that doesn't include one's I've bought and sold more than once (and doesn't include the pixel). Not one vendor though...

Amazon is pretty bad for me. If I scroll through my order history I'll find things I don't recognize and think "when the heck did I buy that? ? Oh... August of this year..."
Amazon is an addiction

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've only had 14-16 phones outside of that list above, so around 25ish in six years. Some of the people on this forum are WAY over that. But I did have two fairly long single phone periods that seem like ages ago when I'm using two daily drivers+ a Fi phone and testing one to play with.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow... I am nowhere even close to that..

Other phones I've had in the past 4 or so years besides the Nexus's

iPhone 7 -- returned after a week = hated it!
iPhone SE -- nice little phone
Xperia Z5 Compact -- Nice phone
Xperia Z3 Compact -- My favorite Sony phone ever!

I mainly still rock my Nexus 5.. I replaced the battery about a year ago and it's still going strong and looks brand spanking new.. Purchased on release day so I've gotten my $$$ worth out of it..

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
when i saw this thread, i thought it was about : Dont look at the order history if youre waiting for the "pending' to change to "processing", it'll change when its ready. <-- im guilty of this.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The charge to my card fell off after 3-days in pending mode (normal) so I'll know the instant my status changes and Google recharges my card..

I have a banking app that alerts me to purchases / charges instantly.. In many cases, I get the alert on my phone before the payment terminal even says my purchased was approved...

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The charge to my card fell off after 3-days in pending mode (normal) so I'll know the instant my status changes and Google recharges my card..

I have a banking app that alerts me to purchases / charges instantly.. In many cases, I get the alert on my phone before the payment terminal even says my purchased was approved...

Same boat as you.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There's an inevitable depression associated with seeing how much "stuff" you buy from any one retailer when you see it all at once. I accidentally got into my order history on the Google Store and saw this:

Purchased directly from Google:
Nexus 7 2012
Nexus 7 2012 Dock
Nexus 7 2013
HP Chromebook 11
Nexus Player
Nexus 6P
Nexus 6P Case
Nexus 5X
Pixel C
Pixel C Keyboard
Photos Live Case for Nexus 5X
Pixel
Pixel XL
Google Home

And that doesn't include all the Google products picked up from their partners directly:

Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus
Nvidia Shield (Android TV)
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 9
Nexus 6
Moto 360
Nest

And all the third party accessories to go with all that junk...

I feel like seeking out a 12 step program. Anyone else gone overboard with one particular vendor?

lol. You indeed spend a lot of money and let the "upgrade bug" bite you too often. ;)
I used to be like that but since I got the HTC M8 I didn't feel the need to upgrade anymore, I just love this phone. Of course I am waiting for a proper review from Anandtech for instance to debate if I should upgrade to a Pixel or a HTC 10 but I believe I won't, at least for now. 700 dollars is a lot of money, to me at least.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
lol. You indeed spend a lot of money and let the "upgrade bug" bite you too often. ;)
I used to be like that but since I got the HTC M8 I didn't feel the need to upgrade anymore, I just love this phone. Of course I am waiting for a proper review from Anandtech for instance to debate if I should upgrade to a Pixel or a HTC 10 but I believe I won't, at least for now. 700 dollars is a lot of money, to me at least.

Part of it is that I'm using 2 - 4 phones at a time.

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
i had my first nexus phone earlier in 2014 which was nexus 4 and 6 months later it had gone through some serius problem so i got a replacement and i have got nexus 5 rather than nexus 4 .
this is how i had two nexus device now i have my eyes on pixel not on pixel xl because pixel is more handy for me . :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha my order history is way shorter compared to others ha :D

But looking forward to the status to change from Pending to Processing>and then Shipped :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC