Will Google offer discounting for Project FI users? Later on? At all?

dezahp

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if Google will offer discounted prices for their phones bought through Project FI? Or are they getting rid of that to stand their ground on this new premium marketing strategy and stick to the high premium price?

How likely do you think of whether which scenario ends up occurring? If Google plans to stick and hold by this and these prices, then I certainly cannot afford to buy these phones. Or I should also say that it would be an extremely not smart purchase or decision for me.

edit: This concerns me because I need to get a new phone. I broke my previous Nexus 4 that I used for 4-5 years and have been using a friend's old iPhone 4s, not to mention it has a crack in the screen too. I absolutely can't stand and hate the iPhone and the iOS. I've been waiting for this month since the summer for the release of the Pixels. But I can't afford the extremely high price tag that Google is asking for, so if it's likely that Google doesn't plan to budge on their pricing in the future then I will need to move on to look for other options.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful. They aren't a huge carrier and they ride on Sprint / T-Mobile to work so I doubt any discounts will really be coming. They do sometimes offer some freebies but nothing like price cuts.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
While Fi eventually has discounts, I wouldn't hold off buying a new phone while waiting for the discounts to arrive. It can be a while before they appear, if they come at all.