Google Store opening in New York later this month

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For those interested Google is opening up a Made by Google store in NYC 96 Spring st I think that's the Soho section u can checkout all of the new products and even by them. If the the store is a success they may open others.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I read about this. I don't live in NYC, but I'm not too far away. I wouldn't mind a chance to visit the Google store while it is there.

dhooey

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I think this is really cool. I don't live in NYC either, but I travel there frequently and would love to check it out, especially to see the Pixel devices in person!

meesemouse

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I love the idea of being about to tangibly check it Google's products, so hopefully I can stop by there when opens as I'm only a few hours away

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Heck if Microsoft has stores (and they don't really have anything to sell LOL) then why not Google?

In So Cal a lot of the MS stores are little Kiosks in malls.. Low rent I'd assume but a presence none the less. I don't see why Google can't do something similar as they don't need large retail space. Just somewhere for the peeps to see the products, play with em, a whip out the moola to buy em.....

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Tell Best Buy to get Samsung to share their space with Google!!!!
In my Best Buy, I have a Google section with logos and everything. They just have Chromebooks, Chromecast, and Google Play stuff. No live sales people like the rest. It would be cool to have a dedicated section if they want to push the Pixels.

Momi7

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I read somewhere it is going to be a temporary store. In the meantime they are going to build a full blown permanent store somewhere nearby.

Todd Simon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I heard about this. I'm sure it'll be a trial to see how it performs. I would love for it to be a success. It would be awesome to see Google stores pop up all over the country. Customer service is the one thing that Google has always struggled with and this would go a long way to bridge that gap.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere it is going to be a temporary store. In the meantime they are going to build a full blown permanent store somewhere nearby.

I read that too, but thought maybe it was opinionated wishful thinking. I would love to have a Google store nearby! There is an Apple store in my local mall, but no Microsoft store close by. I think it would be cool to have all three, in my local mall, right next to each other!

I heard about this. I'm sure it'll be a trial to see how it performs. I would love for it to be a success. It would be awesome to see Google stores pop up all over the country.

Maybe I should make the effort to visit the temp store in NYC to add to the visitor count. :)

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Heck if Microsoft has stores (and they don't really have anything to sell LOL) then why not Google?

In So Cal a lot of the MS stores are little Kiosks in malls.
The Microsoft Store in Boston at the Prudential Center mall and Charlotte South Park mall are both full sized stores. They sell Surface Pro, Surface Book, Dell XPS, HP Envy, Microsoft Band 2 (which has 2x as many sensors and is far more accurate than Fitbit), XBox One with accessories, and their phones. They have a traveling HoloLens demo which is booked days in advance. Not everyone has dismissed Microsoft hardware as a joke. I love my Surface Pro 3 and my partner loves his Pro 4 with dock, Band 2, and Lumia 950XL phone. But I digress, this is the Pixel forum.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft Store in Boston at the Prudential Center mall and Charlotte South Park mall are both full sized stores. They sell Surface Pro, Surface Book, Dell XPS, HP Envy, Microsoft Band 2 (which has 2x as many sensors and is far more accurate than Fitbit), XBox One with accessories, and their phones. They have a traveling HoloLens demo which is booked days in advance. Not everyone has dismissed Microsoft hardware as a joke. I love my Surface Pro 3 and my partner loves his Pro 4 with dock, Band 2, and Lumia 950XL phone. But I digress, this is the Pixel forum.

Dang pump the hate brakes! Relax and take deep breaths.. ;p

There are a few large stores in LA as well but my point was that MS also has a few kiosks in malls as stores and that's really all Google would need.. Neither MS nor Google have a lot of their OWN products to sell..

As far as MS goes, their stores are packed with the competitions products. That would be like Google selling Samsung phones in their stores. MS really only has the Surface Pro, Surface Book, XBox and *a few phones that nobody will ever buy.. The band is discontinued..

*Not hating on windows phones, I like them but they don't sell..

I have a Surface Pro 4.. Loved it! My son uses it now and he really likes it.. No one (not me at least) was hating on MS...

Anywho, back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance