Google pixels best noticable feature???

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will google reduce the rate of pixel !

highly unlikely...
Highly likely actually.
Electronic products get cheaper over time. Old products get cheaper when new ones come out. So of course it will get cheaper the more you're willing to wait.
My guess the normal pixel should be around $500 by end of the year and around $350 by Q2 2017 and probably around $250 by the time next year's model comes out.

mop26921

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

My guess the normal pixel should be around $500 by end of the year and around $350 by Q2 2017 and probably around $250 by the time next year's model comes out.

0% chance of this happening. Over 50% price reduction over a one year timespan? Never

karansanas

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

Halving the rate seems highly unlikely. The OnePlus flagship launched in India at the price of rupees 21,999. It is now available at a price of 17,999 which is just an 18% deduction in the rate, two new models later. Flagship phones are known to be expensive unlike budget phones, I don't think the Pixel will reduce in value. You could try your luck at Android Central's international giveaway.

Celso Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

I honestly don't know.

Google has made it clear that this is a new day and that they're on the hardware business for the very long haul.

They might be willing to not lower the price for quite some time (maybe until the Pixel 2 comes out) and suffer poor sales on the first generation of Pixel phones in order create the perception of "value" like the iPhone has.

One thing that Apple fans love to point out is that iPhones in general and better resell value than most Android phones and, to be fair, they're not exactly wrong.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I really think they are going to try and hold the line on pricing on the Pixel as once they start cutting price it sends a bad signal that something is wrong. Now I could see them offering promos like maybe Google Play credits and maybe a small $50 discount around the holidays. I mean the 6P was a resounding success last year and it's price was never cut, just one or maybe two limited time $50 discounts. Now I know the 6P started at a much lower price to begin with but only time will tell on the Pixel.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Seems like people are willing to give the 32gb a try but the 128 is just sitting.

GT500_Grad2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I see at least promo with deep discounts. Through Vzw you can get the phone for as low as $410. So I def could see some kind of slashes. It may not be huge, but something.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Google seems to want the Pixel to be an iPhone competitor, so I think the answer is the same as the iPhone. I don't follow the iPhone pricing at all so I don't know if it drops after some period of time, but whatever the iPhone does with its pricing I think the Pixel will follow that model.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

They will have special sales where there maybe 100 or 50 dollars off for a limited time but they won't drop the price permanently

Liam Simmons

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

There will be sales and a drop off in time, of course. But don't expect a huge price drop anytime soon

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Highly likely actually.
Electronic products get cheaper over time. Old products get cheaper when new ones come out. So of course it will get cheaper the more you're willing to wait.

which is why it's now a good time to pick up the Samsung Galaxy S7,
which frequent goes on sale for as low as $369.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Hahaha... Those prices and that timeline is never going to happen!

Ptaswath

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Will google pixel be a great smartphone?

WIll this smartphone get good sales..? Is this a high quality smartphone? Will it beat other smartphones in this range?

HollowGrapeJ98

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will google pixel be a great smartphone?

It is a high quality smartphone. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They're just upset about the price.

Momi7

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will google pixel be a great smartphone?

I think it is going to be a great phone. Specs say it all. And above all the UI is from Google.