Google pixel over iPhone 7
    10-10-2016 10:30 AM
    Sounds like a reasonable choice. Then again, we might be biased towards the green OS.
    billykac likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:34 AM
    I had the iPhone 7 for a week before I returned it and have a Pixel on order..

What I liked about the iPhone 7: Fantastic build quality, lightning fast, killer camera.

What I didn't like about the iPhone 7: iOS 10 feels like it was made for 11-13 year-olds. Maybe I am just old but that's my impression of it. iMessage is garbage now as it's littered with stickers, this, that and the other that I can only see appealing to a teenie bopper.. The new haptic home button is absolute garbage!
    Wiley_11 and SpookDroid like this.
    10-10-2016 10:45 AM
    The new haptic home button is absolute garbage!
    How so?
    10-10-2016 11:00 AM
    There are 3 settings for haptic. Low does nothing, medium is faint and high makes the entire bottom of the phone vibrate... Makes the entire experience feel like you are playing with something made by Mattel and it does not jive up with the excellent build quality of the rest of the phone..

Also, glove usage is a 110% no go with the new home button.. I cycle a lot and even though I don't live in a cold weather area, I do wear gloves.... NO DICE
    10-10-2016 11:04 AM
    Other than those things, what made you choose the pixel over other handsets?
    10-10-2016 11:23 AM
    Google pixel over iPhone 7
    I guess most of us at Android Central for sure will choose little green bot over any other device tho, except other variants of little green bots. Still, Pixel phone is definitely a good choice.
    10-10-2016 11:23 AM
    Other than those things, what made you choose the pixel over other handsets?
    I guess I am a Google fanboy so to speak.. I currently have a Chromebook Pixel LS, a Pixel C, 2 or 3 Chromecasts and a Nexus 5..

I've always had stellar and above average support from Google and I like fast updates and security patches... Android direct from Google and how they intended it to be is an added bonus as well..
    10-10-2016 11:30 AM
    I had the iPhone 7 for a week before I returned it and have a Pixel on order..

What I liked about the iPhone 7: Fantastic build quality, lightning fast, killer camera.

What I didn't like about the iPhone 7: iOS 10 feels like it was made for 11-13 year-olds. Maybe I am just old but that's my impression of it. iMessage is garbage now as it's littered with stickers, this, that and the other that I can only see appealing to a teenie bopper.. The new haptic home button is absolute garbage!
    I agree with the haptic button. It feels like you're clicking the lower half of the phone, not the button.
    10-14-2016 09:00 AM
    Agree with above posts - we tend like prefer Android on this forum.

But within that space, there's ample need for discussion on Pixel vs V20. For those of us former N7 owners, we are desperate to find another phone to move to, and explosions/fire aside, the N7 is a tough act to follow. The V20 looks interesting as well. Surprisingly, plenty of former N7 owners are choosing iPhone, so those are folks going in the opposite direction from the OP.

The Pixel definitely looks intriguing, and will probably be the leading handset on the market.
    Good to see iPhone owners open to the idea of exploring the Pixel line.
    10-14-2016 09:11 AM
    There are 3 settings for haptic. Low does nothing, medium is faint and high makes the entire bottom of the phone vibrate... Makes the entire experience feel like you are playing with something made by Mattel and it does not jive up with the excellent build quality of the rest of the phone..

Also, glove usage is a 110% no go with the new home button.. I cycle a lot and even though I don't live in a cold weather area, I do wear gloves.... NO DICE
    Another reason I will miss my Note 7.

The iris scanner met with some derision, but I used it frequently when my hands were wet or covered.
    10-14-2016 09:25 AM
    Agree with above posts - we tend like prefer Android on this forum.

But within that space, there's ample need for discussion on Pixel vs V20. For those of us former N7 owners, we are desperate to find another phone to move to, and explosions/fire aside, the N7 is a tough act to follow. The V20 looks interesting as well. Surprisingly, plenty of former N7 owners are choosing iPhone, so those are folks going in the opposite direction from the OP.

The Pixel definitely looks intriguing, and will probably be the leading handset on the market.
    Good to see iPhone owners open to the idea of exploring the Pixel line.
    I am coming to the Pixel from the Note 7. For me, Samsung had finally got it all right, and I was actually fine with Grace (TouchWiz). I am not a fan of the LG skin, and the mixed reports on battery life concerns me.

The V20 makes sense if you will notice the sound difference from the DAC, beyond that, I don't see a compelling reason to go V20. In fact, Jerry's comments on the 820 vs. the 821 Vulcan support moving forward, give me a strong lean to the Pixel. Also, I believe updates and support will be longer lived for the Pixel vs. the V20.
    10-14-2016 09:34 AM