I was reading this article from Yahoo! and one of the theory was fast charging. This is what the article said
    ( https://www.yahoo.com/tech/3-theorie...133151801.html)

Fast charging

Another theory that tries to explain the numerous Galaxy Note 7 explosions has to do with the fast-charging feature of the battery. According to the Financial Times, the problem comes from tweaks made to the processor to speed up charging.

“If you try to charge the battery too quickly it can make it more volatile. If you push an engine too hard, it will explode. Something had to give. These devices are miracles of technology — how much we can get out of that tiny piece of lithium-ion,” an unnamed source said after supposedly speaking with Samsung executives about the matter."

If this theory was presumably right, would that mean the Google Pixel would have the potential to also explode?
    10-12-2016 03:40 PM
    Fast charging was around before the Note 7 so no .. it doesn't mean it will instantly happen to the Pixel. Samsung Note 7s were exploding due to an issue with how the batteries were made from Samsung.
    10-12-2016 03:45 PM
    It would mean phones made in the past couple years that all have some sort of fast charging could pose a risk. That's a lot of phones.
    10-12-2016 03:46 PM
    Well, the idea behind it is 100% accurate. Whether or not thats the case with the phones is another story. Energizing or draining a Lithium based cell to quickly can push it to catastrophic failure.
    10-12-2016 03:47 PM
    meh no. my nexus 6p has fast charging and none of the device has exploded.
    if it was samsung build there might be a very rare possibility but this is build by HTC.

So i would say NO IT WONT. now lets move on and close the thread
    10-12-2016 03:50 PM
    It seems to me the faster you try to put something* into another something** the greater the chance of issues.
    * charge
    ** battery
    10-12-2016 03:50 PM
    Well the article is correct; it's up to the engineers to ensure that whatever fast charging strategy is employed isn't aggressive enough to cause unfavorable things to happen.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:55 PM
    If this theory was presumably right, would that mean the Google Pixel would have the potential to also explode?
    No.

Look at the article again.. they don't suspect fast charging, they suspect that Samsung might have altered the process to push it beyond the limits of the fast charging tech in question. The tech sets limits for a reason... and that reason is that they determined the safe operating limit for the technology. Now, if Samsung altered things to allow for charging to exceed those limits, it is akin to someone disabling the rev limiter on their car and flooring it.

Fast charging technologies are safe... they've been in use for several years now, and in most every top end phone. The problem isn't the technology, its often the dollar store gear people plug into their $700 devices. Stick to gear that matches spec, FC.. whether it be Samsung's (if they DIDN'T alter), Qualcomm's or whomever...
    Almeuit and anon(9227267) like this.
    10-12-2016 04:10 PM
    For a company as big as Samsung and high tech, one would assume that they will alter to allow for charging to exceed limits. Now they have lost billions.
    10-12-2016 04:19 PM
    For a company as big as Samsung and high tech, one would assume that they will alter to allow for charging to exceed limits. Now they have lost billions.
    As LeoRex said -- IF they did do that they knew how... They just didn't keep it within ranges. Also as he said they have those limits for a reason. Samsung maybe though pushing it a little harder wouldn't hurt or something of that nature but in the end that gamble came back to bite them.
    10-12-2016 04:31 PM
    According the the pundits Samsung still doesn't know what is causing the problem.
    10-12-2016 05:00 PM
    i don't think there is one time I worried about my N6P to explode due to USB-C fast charging. It has a lot to do with Samsung's battery vendor and how the hardware designed.
    LeoRex likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:29 PM
    Personally, I wonder whether some people wuth replacement units were trying to commit fraud.
    10-12-2016 07:24 PM
    Personally, I wonder whether some people wuth replacement units were trying to commit fraud.
    It is kind of sketchy that many of them wouldn't release the phone back to Samsung for testing. I kind of wondered that too when I read that.
    10-12-2016 09:32 PM
    It is kind of sketchy that many of them wouldn't release the phone back to Samsung for testing. I kind of wondered that too when I read that.
    I've been thinking the exact same thing. Plus alot of these replacement phones caught fire without even being plugged in! Tho if you look at some of the photos, you'll see something that is common between them: they all have the SAME CASE... One had a pink version of the case, another had a blue, and another had a black. They all were inside the same case... Now whether that is an actual factor is beyond me, but personally... That's kind of an insane coincidence...
    10-12-2016 10:31 PM
    There are many phones that use fast charging that hasn't resulted in fires.
    10-13-2016 12:59 AM