Unlocked Pixel on Sprint Question

The Zombified

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
So I'm on Sprint and am losing my beloved Note 7. I looking at buying an unlocked Pixel as a replacement. The store rep today looked a little perplexed and stated that it can take a few extra days to activate a Google phone (I assume she is talking based on Nexus devices)
Has anyone added an unlocked phone on Sprint and did you have any issues?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I read that. My main question is there some form of delay registering a Pixel XL on Sprint. I know they work.
I left Sprint a while ago, but when I bought an unlocked Nexus 6 directly from Moto I was able to get it activated with them. Just make sure you purchase the correct sim ahead of time.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
OK thank you. Is that an option when purchasing on the Google store or bought through the carrier?
At the time I had to get the sim directly from Sprint. I used their online chat to order one and they sent it to me for free. That way I had it in hand when my phone came and didn't have to do to a sprint store for activation.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm on Sprint and am losing my beloved Note 7. I looking at buying an unlocked Pixel as a replacement. The store rep today looked a little perplexed and stated that it can take a few extra days to activate a Google phone (I assume she is talking based on Nexus devices)
Has anyone added an unlocked phone on Sprint and did you have any issues?

If the ESN is not in Sprints whitelist they will have to add it. The manufacturer supply's the ESN and sometimes at launch it doesn't get updated right away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX