Do u think the Google pixel will be a success?

Uttam Chakma

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I honestly love the fact that it's got the latest things in almost every department both in hardware and software and to be honest it's only going to get better.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It won't sell as well as iPhone or other Android phones if that's what you're asking.

Besides Verizon, the phone isn't in stores, that alone will significantly reduce how many sales they might make.

jaylikegatsby

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, I think it will be. I am switching from five years of iPhones for this phone specifically. I have been open to the idea of an Android phone for a while as I thought the software had caught up, but the whole Android phone world seemed to be absorbed in features I honestly didn't care about like wireless charging, SD cards and removable batteries and packed them all into phones that felt chintzy and unfocused. I think this phone is aimed at people like me who aren't mindless iPhone buyers but just honestly preferred them for build quality and the smoothness of the user experience.

When I told a friend I had ordered an Android phone he laughed and said "Good luck with that," but when I said it was the Pixel he walked that back and said he was actually interested in what it would be like. For people like us, this phone has a real chance of being a big winner and that can be huge for Google.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it will be a success. What kills me and many others it's the price. Yes it's high end, but why would someone who is an iPhone lover or a Samsung lover switch to Google? I just don't see it. I am currently an Asus Zenfone 2 owner. Since May I was ready to get the new google phone nexus or pixel. Now I am debating is it worth getting it. I am still leaning towards it but the price though.

James Graham5

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it will have success, won't be world beating, it certainly won't be like when the 1st iPhone came out, but it will be successful. Biggest thing that will be able to tell is if they create a second one. That's when we will know, and if the advertising continues too. If advertising stops, you know the sales are slowing down.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't imagine this phone being a "success" unless Google just wants to sell the same amount that an HTC or LG does at this point. The Note 7 fiasco is going to help it with a lot of people looking to find another large Android phone to buy, but outside of that I just can't see the appeal this has over the many Nexus phones they've sold. Fast updates? Nexus has had that. Nice camera/good performance? Nexus 6P had that. If you're basing a phone off of Google Assistant, which I would imagine will be as widely used as the S Pen or Siri, then I think you missed the boat.

What does interest me about this phone is the performance seems iPhone 7-level good. I've seen some hands-on videos and the phone seemingly flies. If the battery life is better than the prior Nexus line and it's as fast as it seems, it's a good start. I'm just not paying iPhone/Galaxy level money for a phone that falls short on a lot of other areas.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm banking on it. I don't think it'll sell in the bajillions like iPhones and Galaxy devices do. But I think it'll be able to make a splash. Especially for those people who are looking for a good, premium phone and they aren't married to Apple and have maybe heard some of the bad press about Samsung. This will be a great alternative. I think only being in Verizon stores will hurt its overall chances of being a smash success, however. I do know one thing, Google is marketing the shizz out of it. I've seen it all over the baseball playoffs and in primetime TV hits like American Horror Story.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Google (Nexus) fans will all most likely get it. But I'm highly doubtful the phone will outsell the other flagships. I for one have the s7 edge and I have no reason to even think about getting the pixel. I'll probably wait until the price drops or refurbished ones become available before I decide to get one.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife, a die hard apple iPhone user for 6 years, a non tech geek is switching to the pixel from her iPhone. A week ago I watched the keynote, she was in the room doing whatever it is wives do when we're not paying attention to them despite being right in front of us, a week later (last night) she turns to me and says "Can I get a Pixel?" I was like uhh what? "They pretty much sold me when i was watching the keynote, I like what they're doing" .. after a few minutes of disbelief I said of course... and shelled out another $700 bucks.

THAT is what google is trying to do.

The non tech consumer doesn't bleed for the specs, they look at the marketing.

So yes, I think it will be a success.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I think Google said it will be in other stores outside of Verizon. Costco, Sam's Club, Best Buy, and Target.

I think it will be a success in its own right. But, it won't sell anything like mainstream phones like the s7 or iPhone 7. Maybe gen 2 will.

mrsafety7

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it will sell if that is how you define success, with all the note 7 issues I could see this filling a need that the crappy iphone can't fill.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife, a die hard apple iPhone user for 6 years, a non tech geek is switching to the pixel from her iPhone. A week ago I watched the keynote, she was in the room doing whatever it is wives do when we're not paying attention to them despite being right in front of us, a week later (last night) she turns to me and says "Can I get a Pixel?" I was like uhh what? "They pretty much sold me when i was watching the keynote, I like what they're doing" .. after a few minutes of disbelief I said of course... and shelled out another $700 bucks.

THAT is what google is trying to do.

The non tech consumer doesn't bleed for the specs, they look at the marketing.

So yes, I think it will be a success.

Cool wife, sounds like a keeper!

I think if the Pixel and all the features work well in real life these phone are going to be a major success.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
It came at a good time for it--a lot of ex Note 7 folks like me, looking for something, to start with. I didn't like the 7 edge, don't trust LG after having had a couple of their phones. Some of the lower price decent phones don't work on Verizon, so, yeah. Here I am.Not sure I will stay past this one,
depends on how I like it, what if anything they do if there is a second version, and if I am ready to forgive Samsung by the time the next Note, or whatever they will call it, comes out. But for now, sure, why not.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
A lot of articles popping up that the Pixel may be coming to AT&T next month. I am an 8 year iPhone user and just pre-ordered a Pixel.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88