Oneplus 3 or Pixel XL

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My note 5 decided to stop working properly so I need a new phone right now. Of all other devices out there, my choices now come down to these two phones. One plus 3 does attract me with its high end specs and low price, but I am worried about the mixed review it has about the camera. On the other hand, Pixel XL is 300 dollars more expensive.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pixel is obviously a better device, but is it $250-300 better for you? For me it would be easily, but that's obviously a big difference.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can put up with the screen of the OnePlus 3.

I've got no problem with 1080p at 5.5" ... However I've got a huge problem with pentile 1080p at 5.5".

If screen quality or camera doesn't matter to you then the OnePlus 3 is a great deal. Sure you'll get more with the Pixel, but more depends on things that actually matter to you.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
but more depends on things that actually matter to you.

I'd put the Pixel ahead on Display, Processor, Camera, Software, Security, Audio and add ins like Assistant, Day Dream, etc.

OnePlus has more RAM and a much lower price tag.

What matters to each person is different though, so that's basically why I'd break it down this way - because some of these things will be night and day differences, while others are going to be very similar to each other with a slight edge one way or another.

I do know that with yesterday's news of the Nextbit Robin compromise I won't be purchasing a non Google phone for quite awhile.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'd put the Pixel ahead on Display, Processor, Camera, Software, Security, Audio and add ins like Assistant, Day Dream, etc.

OnePlus has more RAM and a much lower price tag.

What matters to each person is different though, so that's basically why I'd break it down this way - because some of these things will be night and day differences, while others are going to be very similar to each other with a slight edge one way or another.

I do know that with yesterday's news of the Nextbit Robin compromise I won't be purchasing a non Google phone for quite awhile.
It has better audio? You mean speakers or the DAC? I've not read anything special about the Pixel DAC.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It has better audio? You mean speakers or the DAC? I've not read anything special about the Pixel DAC.
Pixel is the same one in the Note 7 and HTC 10. Actually don't know what OnePlus has, do they have anything?

Yes, talking headphones. The forums seem to have reached the conclusion that speaker quality has a limit on phones that makes them all suck

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I was strongly debating this and in the end... I went with the regular Pixel instead of the OP3 or Pixel XL.

Mainly I didn't want to be a beta tester and deal with bugs is why I didn't go with the OP3, plus the Pixel should have better battery life and almost better everything else. Also the price of the Pixel is easier to stomach than the XL.

One area beside price that the OP3 outdoes the Pixel XL in is... Screen-to-body ratio. The OP3 is infinitely better in this regard the the Pixel XL is so bad I had to go down to the Pixel as the XL would probably be too tall for me to one hand (the Nexus 6P is too tall which is why I'm still on my 5X which is just about my limit).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol