Last block from ordering...............the battery.....

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I will admit, I am an Android fanboy and a Nexus snob. I will get that out of the way.

I currently have the Nexus 5X. This battery is terrible. I mean, despicable. Atrocious. Laughable. I, literally, want to bounce this crap phone off the ground and drive over it with my truck. I do not get 3 hours of screen time. I have never gotten 3 hours. This is my second 5X, the first one I sent back, because the battery was so awful.

This has the SD808, and 2GB. Is the battery running badly because the ram is low and the processor is slow?

What makes the Pixel's 2770 any better than this crap one?

Before the apologists chime in, no, I am not in the minority, every review for this phone said the battery was bad, there are currently threads, on this forum, that agree, This battery sucks, a google search will show the same thing, this battery is awful.

I am not sure the 3450 in the XL will be better, it's 30% larger, but twice the pixels.

What do you guys think?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I think the battery is small. People will rationalize and say it's only 1080p, but that's just average battery life. You'd be looking at 3.5 hours SOT standard

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I will admit, I am an Android fanboy and a Nexus snob. I will get that out of the way.

I currently have the Nexus 5X. This battery is terrible. I mean, despicable. Atrocious. Laughable. I, literally, want to bounce this crap phone off the ground and drive over it with my truck. I do not get 3 hours of screen time. I have never gotten 3 hours. This is my second 5X, the first one I sent back, because the battery was so awful.

This has the SD808, and 2GB. Is the battery running badly because the ram is low and the processor is slow?

Before the apologists chime in, no, I am not in the minority, every review for this phone said the battery was bad, there are currently threads, on this forum, that agree, This battery sucks, a google search will show the same thing, this battery is awful.

I am not sure the 3450 in the XL will be better, it's 30% larger, but twice the pixels.

What do you guys think?

3 hours sot is fantastic. I've been lucky to get 2.5 on my 6p.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The Snapdragon 821 should be a more efficient processor and the AMOLED screen will be more efficient as well. The Galaxy S7 does fine with a 3,000mAh battery and a screen with double the resolution.

Bradikitty

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

What do you guys think?

First off the snapdragon 821 is supposed to be more battery efficient than whatever the eff was in the 5x. Was it the 808? And secondly anroid Nougat is shipped with the pixel so that also makes it more efficient, whereas the 5x was not built for Nougat, I don't know if 5x was updated yet but it would suck the battery even more. Thirdly, pixel screen size is 5.0,.2 inches less than the 5x. This will save some battey. And lastly, the 5x was what, an ips screen? Lcd? The AMOLED screens in the pixels are a lot more efficient because only the white and color pixels have to light up while the black ones don't. In an ips the whole screen lights up. That will save some battery too. So I could believe it if they were to say the pixel would last twice as long as the 5x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol