Pixel is its missing features an issue?

Ticc937

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I like the pixel with its power an good camera bit alot of people is like so what it's not water proof, it doesn't have expanded storage via sd card an is way over priced. What do you guys think? Me I dig the vr the assistant an the memory issue so what it has unlimited photo cloud storage

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I like the pixel with its power an good camera bit alot of people is like so what it's not water proof, it doesn't have expanded storage via sd card an is way over priced. What do you guys think? Me I dig the vr the assistant an the memory issue so what it has unlimited photo cloud storage

Waterproof is a new gimmick. As cards are slow and muddy the ux. And the price is in line with every other flagship phone.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
One issue I've yet to see discussed is that cloud storage is useless for people with slow data connections. I have AT&T (the 2nd fastest network in my area) and using Google photos is sometimes a pain. If I'm at home on WiFi it's fine but imagine being on sprint (super ultra slow where I live... Usually about 0.22mb down per second and that's on LTE) and trying to use a pixel to watch a video recorded in 4k. The stream would probably take over a minute to start and would be super choppy.

Even with AT&T sometimes seeing pictures in the Google photos cloud takes 8 or 9seconds to load. I would like waterproofing but to me the missing SD card and lack of a 64gb option kinda sucks. 32gb is too small and 128 is nice but more than is needed for most people. In my opinion.

Even with all this complaining I'm still gonna get one.

AND... harass my wife into selling her gs6 to get one too.

😀😎😀😎😀😎

Last edited:

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Well, waterproof is not really a deal breaker for everyone, however since the price was same level with other high end smartphone, it will a plus if Google added waterproof to their phone.

As for storage, if you are hardcore user and store a lot a data, probably you should get the 128GB version since they doesn't allow to expand their memory. Remember, the unlimited cloud storage would only allow you to store your photos, not any other file type. Plus, if you had a slow internet connection, probably that will be a problem for you too.

The only downside for me would be the distribution of it Google store, since Google store is still not available to every country, some of us may need to buy from third party vendor, which further increase the price of the phone.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't care about the SD card if they had a 64 model. On the other hand the free storage does help ameliorate the problem of storage for many people, especially if they have access to decent wifi on a regular basis. It's very individual, though.

Water proofing is another, and in my opinion, much more serious issue. I don't care if you can dunk your phone into the pool or not. To that extent, I think it's a bit of a gimmick. On the other hand, for a lot of people a phone like this is a significant purchase and at the very least, in that case, you want to have confidence that your phone will be ok if you have to use it in the rain (It really does happen to normal human beings!) or something gets spilled on it. So, for me, the big question I'm going to need an answer to when I get my next phone is whether it can handle those scenarios.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power