SIM card question

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I preordered an XL on day 1 from Google. I currently have a Note 4 which uses the micro SIM card. I had a family member request a new nano SIM card from Verizon for their iPhone. Will I run into any issues trying to activate the Pixel XL with this SIM card? I know through my own experience the process of activating a new SIM, but wasn't sure if it they were pre-assigned to a certain phone when sent out.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't, especially if you pre-ordered through Verizon. Worst case scenario you'd have to give them a call to 'activate' the SIM on the new phone, but most likely it'll be automatic. Just insert, power on, done.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I preordered an XL on day 1 from Google. I currently have a Note 4 which uses the micro SIM card. I had a family member request a new nano SIM card from Verizon for their iPhone. Will I run into any issues trying to activate the Pixel XL with this SIM card? I know through my own experience the process of activating a new SIM, but wasn't sure if it they were pre-assigned to a certain phone when sent out.
If you're referring to the sim from the iPhone, then it depends. If the nano has been activated on your family members phone, then it can only be used for that number. If it has yet to be activated, you will just need to call the activation number to have it activated.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon can be very picky about Sims even ones that are there correct size might not qualify in the system to activate other devices. You can try as it won't hurt but it might or might not work

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I was asking about the iPhone's nano sim card. It came in the typical packaging with directions to activate the card, so I am hoping I can save a trip to the Verizon store and just activate it myself once the phone arrives.

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon can be very picky about Sims even ones that are there correct size might not qualify in the system to activate other devices. You can try as it won't hurt but it might or might not work

That's what I was worried about. It won't be a big deal if I have to make a trip to the closest store, but was hoping to just take care of it myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol