I preordered an XL on day 1 from Google. I currently have a Note 4 which uses the micro SIM card. I had a family member request a new nano SIM card from Verizon for their iPhone. Will I run into any issues trying to activate the Pixel XL with this SIM card? I know through my own experience the process of activating a new SIM, but wasn't sure if it they were pre-assigned to a certain phone when sent out.
    10-15-2016 06:00 PM
    The Pixel XL uses a nano sim card which is slightly smaller. You can go up to a best buy or a Verizon store and they will probably cut it for you, for a price or you could do it yourself with this.
    For the bold: Cutting your own Nano SIM card | Android Central
    10-16-2016 02:21 AM
    You shouldn't, especially if you pre-ordered through Verizon. Worst case scenario you'd have to give them a call to 'activate' the SIM on the new phone, but most likely it'll be automatic. Just insert, power on, done.
    10-16-2016 03:34 AM
    I preordered an XL on day 1 from Google. I currently have a Note 4 which uses the micro SIM card. I had a family member request a new nano SIM card from Verizon for their iPhone. Will I run into any issues trying to activate the Pixel XL with this SIM card? I know through my own experience the process of activating a new SIM, but wasn't sure if it they were pre-assigned to a certain phone when sent out.
    If you're referring to the sim from the iPhone, then it depends. If the nano has been activated on your family members phone, then it can only be used for that number. If it has yet to be activated, you will just need to call the activation number to have it activated.
    10-16-2016 06:33 AM
    Verizon can be very picky about Sims even ones that are there correct size might not qualify in the system to activate other devices. You can try as it won't hurt but it might or might not work
    Wheels309 likes this.
    10-16-2016 06:55 AM
    The Pixel XL uses a nano sim card which is slightly smaller. You can go up to a best buy or a Verizon store and they will probably cut it for you, for a price or you could do it yourself with this.
    For the bold: Cutting your own Nano SIM card | Android Central
    Verizon will provide you a sim for free . Not sure about Best Buy.
    10-16-2016 06:56 AM
    Yes, I was asking about the iPhone's nano sim card. It came in the typical packaging with directions to activate the card, so I am hoping I can save a trip to the Verizon store and just activate it myself once the phone arrives.
    10-16-2016 08:57 AM
    Verizon can be very picky about Sims even ones that are there correct size might not qualify in the system to activate other devices. You can try as it won't hurt but it might or might not work
    That's what I was worried about. It won't be a big deal if I have to make a trip to the closest store, but was hoping to just take care of it myself.
    10-16-2016 08:59 AM