The AC editors have a Pixel and Pixel XL — ask us about them!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the great review. My questions is: The shade at the bottom seems to take away from the screen size. How annoying is that and is there any way to change that/take it away.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
So I have a bunch of quick charge 2.0 charging blocks left from my turbo. Can I still use them safely with the pixel? Obviously they won't charge as fast, but are they ok to use?

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you had any issues with Blue tooth in your car? I saw a thread where it seems to be mostly Chevy, but maybe others are having problems.

buzzard

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Any issues with disconnecting from Android Wear device? My current Galaxy S6 Edge and Moto 360 sport constantly disconnect. Not sure if it's the phone, watch, both or what...

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am coming from N7 and other Samsung phones....

SO on the bottom where the home button, back arrow and .... (whatever it is called) do they disappear or can you see screen (ie browser) behind them or is it black? I tried to watch for that in the videos. I had the Moto Z Force for about 1 week and that is one thing I did not like about it... (I did download an app that would make it disappear though - but it was a bit clunky).... Thank you :)

Gnuuub

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but why is the Daydream Viewer only compatible with these Pixel phones? Isn't it just a glorified Cardboard?
And if it's due to the controllers, then what is it specifically about them that other phones can't work with them?
Thanks anyone!

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from N7 and other Samsung phones....

SO on the bottom where the home button, back arrow and .... (whatever it is called) do they disappear or can you see screen (ie browser) behind them or is it black? I tried to watch for that in the videos. I had the Moto Z Force for about 1 week and that is one thing I did not like about it... (I did download an app that would make it disappear though - but it was a bit clunky).... Thank you :)

Yes. They disappear

thesebastian

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Andrew could you tell us how good is the pixel in Google Maps? Mainly the compass and the GPS. Is the compass perfectly accurate or sometimes is some degrees off?

In my 5X, when I open the compass at my workplace it's like 50% off the north. In some dense streets, could be 30% off while in some others (my house near the window) is just 5º-10º off.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Andrew could you tell us how good is the pixel in Google Maps? Mainly the compass and the GPS. Is the compass perfectly accurate or sometimes is some degrees off?

In my 5X, when I open the compass at my workplace it's like 50% off the north. In some dense streets, could be 30% off while in some others (my house near the window) is just 5º-10º off.

When your phone is moving with GPS enabled, it quickly figures out which direction it is traveling in and where North is in relationship to the travel line.

However, a steady phone relies solely on its internal electronic compass (magnetometer) to determine North. But, said compass is nearly always "off" and often by significant amounts. Check this document for instructions on how to calibrate your phone's internal compass https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6145351?hl=en You will need to do so regularly; some say every time you use it! I would definitely not rely on a phone's compass unless I independently knew where True North was located.

rykaimm

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I drive a Mazda and the phone and car aren't getting along. I got it connected initially after a few tries, then it wouldn't connect this morning; got an "unknown error" message from the car. I restarted the phone and then it connected but randomly disconnected/reconnected. I came from an S6 which usually worked nicely so it's frustrating. Not sure whether it's the phone, car, or both.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers