Anyone getting a Pixel to complement their iPhone 7?

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I unfortunately have 2 phone's I have to carry daily....One is a work phone S7 and the other is my personal. I do not like mixing work with personal since sometimes work will call on weekends. If it's not my on call time(engineering support for a refinery) I know I don't have to answer. If I used the same phone for both well I might answer when I don't want to :)

I would of gotten an apple device but my company is very against apple devices due to security and the past iCloud breaches. Not saying it is or is not the right choice. But it wasn't mine. I am a big tech person and would of enjoyed one of each phones.
I have now ordered every Nexus device and one pixel. My order history is hilarious :)

Definitely been there, but gladly i'm in a position now where I don't have to worry about being "on call" at least for now.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I have an iPhone 7+ as my secondary device. Currently using my S7 Edge as my Primary since I can't use my Note 7. Just waiting on the V20 to be available to exchange my Note 7 and got shipping notification today of my Pixel XL being shipped. So looking forward to having the Pixel XL and iPhone 7+ combo with me.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I always like to have an Android device along side my Apple device to keep me happy. I resisted until last night on the Pixel XL. I was looking online at it and a black model became available which is listed as shipping tomorrow for delivery around mid next week (didn't pay for expedited shipping).

My most recent Android devices were the S7/S7 Edge and 5x. I'm most looking forward to see what camera improvements the Pixel brings. I'm hoping for a lightning fast shutter. Speaking of that does anyone know of any good videos showing how fast this will focus and take a pic?

Anyone else with me in wanting getting Apple flagships along with the latest and greatest from Android? I definitely am a huge fan of both.

Well, I use to be using iPhone 4s together with my Nexus 4, but unfortunately because of budget issue I had to skip the iPhone. It's really expensive in my country, so I just go straight with the Nexus 5 to be my Nexus 4 buddy. :)

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. I have an Iphone 7 + and love it, but can't wait to get my Pixel XL. The one thing I want to find out that no one has talked about is, how the new Pixel handles bluetooth devices.

With my Iphone 7 and Galaxy phones I've had, they can handle multiple Bluetooth devices being connected at once. All of my stock Android phones cannot do this, the Nexus phones or Oneplus 3, which is nearly stock.

This is a very convenient, because I can have my Bluetooth earpiece connected, and when I go to my car it will connect to the car's system also, with the car taking priority. It can be frustrating trying to remember every time I start my car to turn off my Bluetooth headset, because the phone will not connect to the car.
I'm looking at other threads and I fear what you are saying is correct and the Pixel will behave like previous Nexus phones. Ugh. I actually use my phone for calls A LOT. Why doesn't Google see this as a problem!? Additionally, the iPhone owns in this area. When using it, not only will my car Bluetooth take over from my headset in the car when I'm on a call but when I leave the car the call returns to my other Bluetooth headset.

Neither my Note 7 nor my S7 edge could do the transfer back to the headset from the car. But at the very least they could have two headsets connected simulateously and handoff to the car.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at other threads and I fear what you are saying is correct and the Pixel will behave like previous Nexus phones. Ugh. I actually use my phone for calls A LOT. Why doesn't Google see this as a problem!? Additionally, the iPhone owns in this area. When using it, not only will my car Bluetooth take over from my headset in the car when I'm on a call but when I leave the car the call returns to my other Bluetooth headset.

Neither my Note 7 nor my S7 edge could do the transfer back to the headset from the car. But at the very least they could have two headsets connected simultaneously and handoff to the car.

Yeah, I really wish they would address that. :(

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. I have an Iphone 7 + and love it, but can't wait to get my Pixel XL. The one thing I want to find out that no one has talked about is, how the new Pixel handles bluetooth devices.

With my Iphone 7 and Galaxy phones I've had, they can handle multiple Bluetooth devices being connected at once. All of my stock Android phones cannot do this, the Nexus phones or Oneplus 3, which is nearly stock.

This is a very convenient, because I can have my Bluetooth earpiece connected, and when I go to my car it will connect to the car's system also, with the car taking priority. It can be frustrating trying to remember every time I start my car to turn off my Bluetooth headset, because the phone will not connect to the car.

This. I want to see how it handles that also. I throw on my LG set and when I start the car, it takes over seamlessly. I exit the car and hit the play button on the headset and keep on moving.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have one line, one sim card. I switch it between the phones every week or so. When one doesn't have a sim I can still mess around with it at home on WiFi.

I guess my point is just that most people have a hobby that they spend money on whether it be biking, hiking, music/instruments, watches, etc... Mine is tech.
How do you switch between the two so often with iMessage being active? Unless u leave it off

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I always like to have an Android device along side my Apple device to keep me happy. I resisted until last night on the Pixel XL. I was looking online at it and a black model became available which is listed as shipping tomorrow for delivery around mid next week (didn't pay for expedited shipping).

My most recent Android devices were the S7/S7 Edge and 5x. I'm most looking forward to see what camera improvements the Pixel brings. I'm hoping for a lightning fast shutter. Speaking of that does anyone know of any good videos showing how fast this will focus and take a pic?

Anyone else with me in wanting getting Apple flagships along with the latest and greatest from Android? I definitely am a huge fan of both.

Yup, I love my gadgets and keep 2 lines for just that reason: my iOS line and my Android line! :) I have a 7+ and now my black Pixel XL. Both are fun to play with. If I were arm-twisted into picking only 1 right now it would be the Pixel. We'll see how I feel after the new shiny brightness has worn off in a couple months.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see I am not alone. I usually get the newest iPhone + model and Nexus (Pixel) each year. I really like my iPhone 7+ and just sold my Nexus 6P this week and ordered my Pixel XL 128 GB yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out. I leave iMessage turned off on my iPhone to avoid issues when swapping back to android.

Kinda bummed that wifi calling will not work on att like on the 7+ or my S7 Active. It is more useful than I thought it would be.

Last edited:

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The key is to turn iMessage off before you remove the sim from your iPhone. If you forget to do this you will have all sorts of trouble.

The one Apple app I want to see on Android is iMessage... I thought for sure with iOS10 and all the iMessage improvements, that was the next thing to come.

AImbriano

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see I am not alone. I usually get the newest iPhone + model and Nexus (Pixel) each year. I really like my iPhone 7+ and just sold my Nexus 6P this week and ordered my Pixel XL 128 GB yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out. I leave iMessage turned off on my iPhone to avoid issues when swapping back to android.

Kinda bummed that wifi calling will not work on att like on the 7+ or my S7 Active. It is more useful than I thought it would be.

Which do you prefer the Nexus 6p or the ip7+ I'm in need of a new phone. The 6p is having signal and call issues. Was thinking if making a transition into an iphone

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Which do you prefer the Nexus 6p or the ip7+ I'm in need of a new phone. The 6p is having signal and call issues. Was thinking if making a transition into an iphone

iPhone 7+ without hesitation. I cannot really tell you why but the Nexus 6P was one of my least favorite Nexus phones ever. As a device it was nice, but just did not like it as a phone so most of my usage with it was without my SIM.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a black 32gig pixel xl. Just went on randomly last night and it said ships by 10/20. I'm guessing you might be talking about the 128 gig.

It's not so bad. I'll use one for a week then switch. I rarely carry both at the same time.
Goddammit. I wanted the 32GB XL in Quite Black. I have no need for 128.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the 7+ and XL and probably won't keep both. Haven't decided which way I'm going at this point. This is the first Android device to approach and probably equal iPhone fluidity.
Web browsing is still faster in the 7+, but battery life might be a toss up. iMessage is so hard to leave due to the group message crap by Apple.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this thread...makes me realize I'm not the only one who carries 2 (and sometimes 3) phones! ;) I have an iPhone 7 and have a Pixel on the way and can't wait! Love working in both eco-systems. If the Pixel is as responsive and smooth as iOS, it will be an absolute winner! The lags and stutters (usually extra overhead introduced by Samsung and others) have been my biggest complaint about Android and I'm heartened to hear how much effort Google made to ensure iOS like responsiveness.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Web browsing is still faster in the 7+

It may sound trivial to some but this is a huge deal to me. I've had android phones recently that I loved (S7, 6P) but the web browsing killed it for me. There's just something about safari that chrome or any other browser can't match. Safari is so fast and fluid with zero issues. If / when this is resolved on an android flagship phone, it will be my dream phone. I don't expect the pixel to fix this since I think it's the browsers that are the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1