Screen Brightness/Color Temp Details Comparison

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs has a nice comparison tool that gives viewers a great way to objectively review brightness, color temp and other things of interest with respect to phone screens. I have to admit I am disappointed that the brightness is nowhere near what my XPE provides and I'm concerned with the warmer temperature settings but I'm still very eager to give the XL a fair go once I get it.

phone screens.jpg

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs has a nice comparison tool that gives viewers a great way to objectively review brightness, color temp and other things of interest with respect to phone screens. I have to admit I am disappointed that the brightness is nowhere near what my XPE provides and I'm concerned with the warmer temperature settings but I'm still very eager to give the XL a fair go once I get it.

View attachment 242826
All of these tests underrate the AMOLED screens. I only trust Displaymate's display reviews.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, until Displaymate comes out with their info, this is at least a start. Of particular interest to me is the nit rating of the screens.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unless Google reached out to DisplayMate I wouldn't hold your breath.

There is a slim chance that they will review simply because it's the first phone built by Google, but that's not typically how they work.

My issue with PhoneArena in this case is that they don't specify (at least that I saw) whether the brightness was measured with auto turned on or off. I would assume it's off, but have no evidence to back that up.

Wait for the Anandtech review to see their display measurements. I have seen others pop up, but can't recall from where at the moment.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Unless Google reached out to DisplayMate I wouldn't hold your breath.

There is a slim chance that they will review simply because it's the first phone built by Google, but that's not typically how they work.

My issue with PhoneArena in this case is that they don't specify (at least that I saw) whether the brightness was measured with auto turned on or off. I would assume it's off, but have no evidence to back that up.

Wait for the Anandtech review to see their display measurements. I have seen others pop up, but can't recall from where at the moment.

In their video review when they discuss outdoor brightness they had the Auto setting off. So presumably they know it's there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis