Who has actually ordered through Verizon?

Did you order directly from Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I know there has been heated debate about this and I am curious to know how many people actually purchased directly from Verizon? That will eventually be my route (I think) and am curious about the splits.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I purchased from Verizon as part of negotiating bill credits for my pain of having gone through 3 GN7's.

So, I guess I will be a somewhat unwilling participant in an ongoing experiment as to whether the Verizon experience is truly worse than buying the phone directly from the Google Store and taking it to them for activation.

All other things being equal, I would have bought from the Google store.

But the additional credits were worth it, and I'm not becoming emotionally attached to the phone, because I plan to have it paid off entirely and sell it as soon as the Note 8's come out.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't really have a choice, my second Note 7 being recalled, all my money tied up in getting a refund. My account with Verizon is pretty complicated from refunds and fees applied and waived etc. Anyway, they had the phone when Google was all out.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my xl 128 in black from Verizon as well couldn't pass the $300 credit up for my V10 which is sitting in my drawer collecting dust. Although I debated about this phone for I pulled the trigger and preorder the other day however I won't be getting mine till November 11th. Starting to feel like the kid who was always left out because I won't have mine on launch day

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my Pixel XL from Verizon. Even after the GNex debacle, I decided to go ahead and take the $300 trade in credit. For me, Verizon's reliability and coverage is worth it.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I received my Pixel XL from Verizon today. I noticed that there is NO Verizon bloatware on the phone. Pretty happy about to verify that.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Using one of the new live wallpapers.
d6dfb5f2b60350eb9612b8389912a351.jpg

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the long-press to bring up a context menu for certain apps that support it. Not as elegant as Apple's 3D Touch, but works just as well.
1476929587614.jpg

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the Verizon Visual Voicemail app available for the Pixel, or something else for visual voicemail?
Visual voicemail is integrated into the dialer on the Verizon version. No need for a separate app. I got my XL today from Verizon. Ordered from them instead of Google simply because I'm on a business account and my employer pays for it.

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the XL 32 from Verizon yesterday morning after seeing all the positive reviews. Although I didn't have a Note 7, l had some issues with my old phone and account so customer service offered to pay the tax on the Pixel through a bill credit. That was enough to get me into Verizon for a pre-order, and they gave me a pretty good deal on a glass screen protector too. Oh and I think the insurance is better as it protects against lost/stolen phones on top of damage.

And to top it all off, they processed my order that night, overnight shipped the phone this morning and I'll have it tomorrow! Kinda feel bad for the people here who are struggling with their orders placed well before mine... Hopefully Google and Verizon come through tomorrow and make everyone's day!

Last edited:

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Had an Verizon Iphone 6s I needed to get rid of to get the Pixel. Verizon agreed to take it back when I ordered the Pixel. Past the 14 days a little. Better than trying to sell the 6S on the market.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Preordered the 14th, got an email yesterday explaining now I would have to wait till November. My friend ordered an hour after I did but hes getting his today, WTF?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Google Store FTW! Even if I were a Verizon subscriber, I see little point in buying a phone directly from them that will have to follow their belated update schedule, when I can get the same phone from the Google Store and receive timely updates.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Google Store FTW! Even if I were a Verizon subscriber, I see little point in buying a phone directly from them that will have to follow their belated update schedule, when I can get the same phone from the Google Store and receive timely updates.

Verizon, along with multiple other sources, say that phones bought from Verizon will receive updates directly from Google and at the same time as Pixels bought from Google.

bmoguy

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I know there has been heated debate about this and I am curious to know how many people actually purchased directly from Verizon? That will eventually be my route (I think) and am curious about the splits.
I did. They're giving me $200 credit for an S3 that was in a shoe box on a shelf. I'm sure I'll be making the payments for at least half of that unless there's nothing great enough next year to upgrade to. But between iPhones 10th anniversary, Samsung needing to wow with a new note or whatever its replacement might be, and Google trying to compete with those, it'll probably be an interesting time to be looking at new phones. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome