11-17-2016 09:52 PM
33 12
tools
    If you can't figure out why you can't get the date widget at the top of the stock launcher to change into the weather widget, it's likely because the stock launcher needs to be updated. Google added that neat feature in October, apparently sometime after the software was completed.

When you go through an update all of the preloaded apps, it doesn't automatically update the launcher itself. You have to search the store for the pixel launcher and update it manually. After you update, the date widget should turn into the weather widget.

You may have to toggle your location Quick Settings toggle in order for it to work.

EDIT: After a reboot the widget reverted to just the date. I tried to retrace my steps to change it back and failed. I was successful only after swiping left into google now, going to settings, then "settings" under google assistant, Personal info, weather units, and toggling back and forth from Celsius and Fahrenheit. This is something that i remember doing the first time, but did not think it had any impact. Bottom line, this may not actually be a sure fire way to make the widget change unless someone else confirms it, and I think the way google implemented that widget is horrible and they need to fix it in a later update.

EDIT 2: Daniel Padilla has also found that "You can also bring weather back by pulling down on Google Now screen to refresh it."
    10-19-2016 11:02 PM
    Thanks will give it a go when I get mine today
    10-19-2016 11:25 PM
    If you can't figure out why you can't get the date widget at the top of the stock launcher to change into the weather widget, it's likely because the stock launcher needs to be updated. Google added that neat feature in October, apparently sometime after the software was completed.

When you go through an update all of the preloaded apps, it doesn't automatically update the launcher itself. You have to search the store for the pixel launcher and update it manually. After you update, the date widget should turn into the weather widget.

You may have to toggle your location Quick Settings toggle in order for it to work.

The answer i was searching for. Will try it out.
    Cheers.
    10-20-2016 05:25 AM
    Thank you. I had wondered about that when watching the review videos.
    10-20-2016 05:44 AM
    OK thanks for that. I was wondering why mine wasn't showing the weather.
    10-20-2016 05:47 AM
    Thank u so much, this has been driving me nuts!
    10-20-2016 09:00 AM

EDIT: After a reboot the widget reverted to just the date. I tried to retrace my steps to change it back and failed. I was successful only after swiping left into google now, going to settings, then "settings" under google assistant, Personal info, weather units, and toggling back and forth from Celsius and Fahrenheit. This is something that i remember doing the first time, but did not think it had any impact. Bottom line, this may not actually be a sure fire way to make the widget change unless someone else confirms it, and I think the way google implemented that widget is horrible and they need to fix it in a later update.
    You can also bring weather back by pulling down on Google Now screen to refresh it.
    anon(596177) likes this.
    10-20-2016 09:08 AM
    You can also bring weather back by pulling down on Google Now screen to refresh it.
    Thanks! I'll add this to the OP so people dont have to scroll, with credit of course.
    10-20-2016 09:15 AM
    I got mine working. It took a few refreshes and trying all things mentioned in the first post. I agree, Google needs to implement it better. It's a nice touch to the launcher, but there should be a way to permanently select weather or date, whichever you prefer to use.
    Wiley_11 and milehigherik like this.
    10-20-2016 11:10 AM
    Is there a way for the launcher to scroll through the homepages wraparound style? So I can just swipe one direction continuously without having to go back"? Thanks.
    10-20-2016 12:55 PM
    Is there a way for the launcher to scroll through the homepages wraparound style? So I can just swipe one direction continuously without having to go back"? Thanks.
    With the stock launcher, no. The only way to get that functionality would be with a third party launcher.
    10-20-2016 12:59 PM
    With the stock launcher, no. The only way to get that functionality would be with a third party launcher.
    That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't just missing it. Thanks!
    10-20-2016 01:02 PM
    Is there no way to switch it back?
    10-20-2016 07:26 PM
    Is there no way to switch it back?
    Switch what back to what?
    10-20-2016 07:27 PM

EDIT 2: Daniel Padilla has also found that "You can also bring weather back by pulling down on Google Now screen to refresh it."
    Thanks op!! This was awesome
    10-20-2016 07:57 PM
    Switch what back to what?
    From the weather widget back to clock
    10-20-2016 08:29 PM
    Is it possible to change the font color on the date/weather widget?
    10-20-2016 08:55 PM
    Is it possible to change the font color on the date/weather widget?
    It's not that advanced, in fact it's not really a normal widget. It's baked into the launcher.
    10-20-2016 08:59 PM
    I wish it would show the moon instead of a bright sun as I'm sitting here at 10:00 pm central time. Funny thing is, if I tap on the widget to take me to the weather information, that screen shows me...the moon.
    qnet, Amele and hub1 like this.
    10-20-2016 10:04 PM
    From the weather widget back to clock
    Not that I'm aware of. It's a great feature to add to the launcher but I really believe that they implemented it very poorly.
    10-21-2016 01:31 AM
    Thanks for this. Anyway to have the temperature display in the status bar at the top?
    10-21-2016 06:06 AM
    Personally I don't like the date widget OR the weather widget. I love the phone but am saddened that there is no way to turn either or both widgets off and the google bar is really in the way also. On my Nexus 5X just swiping right was great for opening the same page that the G bar does now. With those two things the real estate on the top of the phone for a good date/weather widget is locked out....... as I said before - really sad you cant opt out of either of those.

Pro tip for the stock launcher-screenshot_20161101-021537.jpg
    11-01-2016 02:20 AM
    Mines been gone all day. Tried everything. Eh.... Oh well.
    11-01-2016 03:03 AM
    I have the weather widget. It updates the date, but the temp is not updating. I tried toggling location on and off and does not fix it. Any idea?
    11-06-2016 06:25 AM
    I actually much prefer the Month and Date on my home screen - it's a better look, IMO.
    I used the weather widget for a day/two and went back to month/date.
    Weather Underground is my go-to for weather - don't need dueling weather sources.
    11-06-2016 06:39 AM
33 12