What are your current gripes with the Pixel / XL?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me be perfectly clear in saying I'm not hating on the phone. I'm loving it. It's super snappy, the camera is just as fantastic as the reviews made it out to be, it's overall a rock solid device that will hopefully sell in large numbers.

But coming from the 6p, there are two things that I am already really wishing this phone improved on.

-Speakers. I know dual front facing speakers are becoming a thing of the past, but the mono speaker in the 6p is leaving much to be desired. It is acceptable for the occasional youtube video, but my big gripe is in notification volume. At max volume, it is about as loud at the 6p was at about 3/4 volume. I have a feeling that is really going to bug me. Some days ive got things going on where that loud notification volume on the 6p was very nice to have.

- the Haptic feedback motor. I should have known, being HTC built, that the vibration motor wasn't going to live up to the 6p. I prefer the awesome feedback the 6p gave. It felt precise, quick, and premium. The motor in the Pixel actually makes it feel sloppy and cheap. If you dont have the phone yet, it feels exactly like the motor in the HTC one M8.

Overall I'm happy with my decision, but what are you finding that you maybe wish was a little better?

EDIT: I know everyone's excited to give their inputs! Lets try to keep things in the perspective of people who have had hands on experience with the device to keep the flux of info as accurate and true to life as possible!

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm thrilled with the phone so far. However, I really miss the Active Notifications on my Turbo, but I knew I would miss that feature when I decided not to buy another moto, so I'm fine with it.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your inputs, those are negatives I can live with.

I think this could be a neat thread if the comments on the phone are limited to actual users.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm thrilled with the phone so far. However, I really miss the Active Notifications on my Turbo, but I knew I would miss that feature when I decided not to buy another moto, so I'm fine with it.

No active notifications like the moto display?

Posted via the Android Central App

11ingrad

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
It's good to hear some real feedback on small quirks that most pre-reviews won't pick up on. Can probably live with these things too, even given the price.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Google, being a cutting edge technology company, failed to put cutting edge technology on this phone; no AOD, no wireless charging, no sd card, no water proofing, etc. I would have also preferred a removable battery. I do like the phone but coming from the Note 7 I wish these were part of this phone.I realize Google is giving you unlimited cloud storage but that is just not my first choice. I would rather store my information on my sd card than in the cloud.

After seeing one in the store I do like the build quality of the phone. I like the look of the phone. It looks very similar to the iPhone. I also like the camera on this phone. I have to return my Note 7 so it comes down between this phone and the LG V20. I am waiting for some user reviews before I burn through some cash on either phone.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your inputs, those are negatives I can live with.

I think this could be a neat thread if the comments on the phone are limited to actual users.
Yeah I agree, this thread would be best if the input was from actual users only. We have plenty of other threads with people discussing shortcomings before purchase.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Google, being a cutting edge technology company, failed to put cutting edge technology on this phone; no AOD, no wireless charging, no sd card, no water proofing, etc. I would have also preferred a removable battery. I do like the phone but coming from the Note 7 I wish these were part of this phone.I realize Google is giving you unlimited cloud storage but that is just not my first choice. I would rather store my information on my sd card than in the cloud.

After seeing one in the store I do like the build quality of the phone. I like the look of the phone. It looks very similar to the iPhone. I also like the camera on this phone. I have to return my Note 7 so it comes down between this phone and the LG V20. I am waiting for some user reviews before I burn through some cash on either phone.

It's an oled. Always on display is a software feature. As for the rest....there's no point in discussing.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Price. My 256GB Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus cost me $799 to upgrade, Google wants me to pay $769 for 128GB?!?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree, this thread would be best if the input was from actual users only. We have plenty of other threads with people discussing shortcomings before purchase.

added a note to hopefully persuade people to post their feedback only if they've had hands on experience with the device.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Price. My 256GB Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus cost me $799 to upgrade, Google wants me to pay $769 for 128GB?!?

Well, that's with an UPGRADE pricing for the iPhone. To be fair in considering effective value, you'd need to do two things: first, compare similar products (right now you're looking at dissimilar storage and size - you'd want to consider, for example, both manufacturers' offerings at 128GB at the same screen size, not 256GB 5.5" vs 128GB 5"); and second, more importantly, you'd have to consider, since you can't trade your current device towards a Pixel, how much you could net by selling your current device, and where the effective price would be on the Pixel then (or for that matter, the iPhone). Truth be told, often people would be better off paying out any residual amount owed on devices (particularly iPhones given their retained value) and selling them outright, getting more money in cash than offered in trade value.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12