Pixel/Pixel XL --- Show us your photos!

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Having had the Note 4 and Note 7 I have to say that these images look to me to have a lot of edging and artifacts in the pics. Things are not as crisp and clean as I would have expected compared with my experience with those two phones. Too bad because I was giving the Pixel XL some consideration after having returned my Note 7.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Having had the Note 4 and Note 7 I have to say that these images look to me to have a lot of edging and artifacts in the pics. Things are not as crisp and clean as I would have expected compared with my experience with those two phones. Too bad because I was giving the Pixel XL some consideration after having returned my Note 7.

Can it be because when they are uploaded here they are compressed so they lose some detail?

jack92029

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I'll post the rest of my album here so long as it isn't shared out.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Z2o1YlZQdFU3ZVd5bE9MMFFLTnpkS3RVSjJtSXpn

I think the better pictures are of my children.

Thank you, excellent photos.
I'm curios, if you shot all the images on HDR or did you change the settings for each shot? Some images are at 1/60 sec and others are 1/2000+ sec. Does the Pixel cameral sense the movement in the frame and adjust the shutter speed or did you do that?
Dave

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, excellent photos.
I'm curios, if you shot all the images on HDR or did you change the settings for each shot? Some images are at 1/60 sec and others are 1/2000+ sec. Does the Pixel cameral sense the movement in the frame and adjust the shutter speed or did you do that?
Dave

I left on the HDR+ mode to see what would happen. I believe all of these were fully automatic (I might have adjusted brightness in one or two, but I don't think I did in any of these pictures).

The only editing I performed was cropping the images. Otherwise I really used yesterday as a test of what the camera can do.

If anyone is interested, I take most of my photos with a Nikon 800, paired with a 70-200 Nikkor lens, set entirely to manual (except white balance). I am a bit experienced with photography, but yesterday was about the phone.

jack92029

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am interested to see how close you can get to a subject, and have the camera focus. Sorts like a Macro shot. Anyone have any photos really close to the subject? Please tell us how close you can get (#of Inches)
Thank you