Quick Help Please - Volume Rocker

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Got my Pixel today however I am wondering if there is an issue with my volume rocker. The "volume up" click has a much more hollow sound to it, and the button behaves as if it's 2-stage. If I push it slowly, it depresses slightly, as if it has travel before it comes into contact with the actual part of the phone that registers the press. It feels as though it's supposed to be attached directly to something under it, but isn't. Pressing it further and you get the full, click you would expect. The "volume down" does not exhibit this behavior. It's not a huge deal, I just want to make sure mine isn't defective. Can anyone else please check if there's is like that? Is there a significantly different pitch "click" sound comparing volume up to volume down?

Thanks very much.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Mine seems to have actually got much better after a few presses - maybe something just needed to settle. The sound is very different though - volume up is very "clicky" and volume down is dull and muted sounding (more how I would expect).

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Mine seems to have actually got much better after a few presses - maybe something just needed to settle. The sound is very different though - volume up is very "clicky" and volume down is dull and muted sounding (more how I would expect).

My volume buttons feel the same, and neither have that strange depression you described. Both feel like they click evenly.

anon(23306)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Got my Pixel today however I am wondering if there is an issue with my volume rocker. The "volume up" click has a much more hollow sound to it, and the button behaves as if it's 2-stage. If I push it slowly, it depresses slightly, as if it has travel before it comes into contact with the actual part of the phone that registers the press. It feels as though it's supposed to be attached directly to something under it, but isn't. Pressing it further and you get the full, click you would expect. The "volume down" does not exhibit this behavior. It's not a huge deal, I just want to make sure mine isn't defective. Can anyone else please check if there's is like that? Is there a significantly different pitch "click" sound comparing volume up to volume down?

Thanks very much.

Mine doesn't move vertically however, the volume up is very click and the volume down doesn't make a click. When looking at the front of the phone, you can see that the volume button definitely sticks out farther at the top as compared to the bottom. Anyone else have this?

bpyoung 83

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Mine doesn't move vertically however, the volume up is very click and the volume down doesn't make a click. When looking at the front of the phone, you can see that the volume button definitely sticks out farther at the top as compared to the bottom. Anyone else have this?

Got my black pixel today and it does something similar. The volume down key makes a loud click compared to the volume up. Also, the volume key sounds dull in general if you just tap it. My white one was not like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21