Hello,

Got my Pixel today however I am wondering if there is an issue with my volume rocker. The "volume up" click has a much more hollow sound to it, and the button behaves as if it's 2-stage. If I push it slowly, it depresses slightly, as if it has travel before it comes into contact with the actual part of the phone that registers the press. It feels as though it's supposed to be attached directly to something under it, but isn't. Pressing it further and you get the full, click you would expect. The "volume down" does not exhibit this behavior. It's not a huge deal, I just want to make sure mine isn't defective. Can anyone else please check if there's is like that? Is there a significantly different pitch "click" sound comparing volume up to volume down?

Thanks very much.
    10-20-2016 01:27 PM
    Just checked mine but they seem to be fine.
    10-20-2016 01:45 PM
    Thanks. Mine seems to have actually got much better after a few presses - maybe something just needed to settle. The sound is very different though - volume up is very "clicky" and volume down is dull and muted sounding (more how I would expect).
    10-20-2016 02:00 PM
    Thanks. Mine seems to have actually got much better after a few presses - maybe something just needed to settle. The sound is very different though - volume up is very "clicky" and volume down is dull and muted sounding (more how I would expect).
    My volume buttons feel the same, and neither have that strange depression you described. Both feel like they click evenly.
    10-20-2016 02:15 PM
    My volume buttons feel the same, and neither have that strange depression you described. Both feel like they click evenly.
    My volume rocker is very loose... It travels vertically and horizontally....when i shake my phone i feel it moving....is it normal?
    10-22-2016 01:02 PM
    My vol. Up is very clicky/loud while vol. Down is much softer
    10-22-2016 01:03 PM
    My volume rocker is very loose... It travels vertically and horizontally....when i shake my phone i feel it moving....is it normal?
    I don't think so. I would head back to where you bought it, or to Verizon, and look into getting a new one.
    10-22-2016 01:03 PM
    No, that's definitely not normal. Mine is solid. I would take the advice above and see if you can get a replacement.
    10-22-2016 01:08 PM
    Hello,

Got my Pixel today however I am wondering if there is an issue with my volume rocker. The "volume up" click has a much more hollow sound to it, and the button behaves as if it's 2-stage. If I push it slowly, it depresses slightly, as if it has travel before it comes into contact with the actual part of the phone that registers the press. It feels as though it's supposed to be attached directly to something under it, but isn't. Pressing it further and you get the full, click you would expect. The "volume down" does not exhibit this behavior. It's not a huge deal, I just want to make sure mine isn't defective. Can anyone else please check if there's is like that? Is there a significantly different pitch "click" sound comparing volume up to volume down?

Thanks very much.
    Mine doesn't move vertically however, the volume up is very click and the volume down doesn't make a click. When looking at the front of the phone, you can see that the volume button definitely sticks out farther at the top as compared to the bottom. Anyone else have this?
    10-25-2016 10:34 AM
    Mine doesn't move vertically however, the volume up is very click and the volume down doesn't make a click. When looking at the front of the phone, you can see that the volume button definitely sticks out farther at the top as compared to the bottom. Anyone else have this?
    Got my black pixel today and it does something similar. The volume down key makes a loud click compared to the volume up. Also, the volume key sounds dull in general if you just tap it. My white one was not like this.
    10-31-2016 10:55 PM