Play Store not downloading until device or application restarted

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've had this issue on my Note 5, Note 7 and replacement Note 7. I've had my Pixel less then a day and it's happened twice now.

I will go to the Play Store and tap on Install to install an app. The Install button just sits there and acts like it doesn't register my tap. However if I go out and back into the store, or simply go to the My Apps section of the store, it will then show that the app is downloading, but it's not actually downloading.... the bar is just pulsing like a Cylon... I have to go into the apps and kill the play store, then relaunch the play store and it will start downloading.

Has anybody ran into this? I have not had much luck finding info online that isn't a few years old... I suppose I could use this opportunity to try the new 24/7 support... in fact i might do that no matter what.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've had this issue on my Note 5, Note 7 and replacement Note 7. I've had my Pixel less then a day and it's happened twice now.

I will go to the Play Store and tap on Install to install an app. The Install button just sits there and acts like it doesn't register my tap. However if I go out and back into the store, or simply go to the My Apps section of the store, it will then show that the app is downloading, but it's not actually downloading.... the bar is just pulsing like a Cylon... I have to go into the apps and kill the play store, then relaunch the play store and it will start downloading.

Has anybody ran into this? I have not had much luck finding info online that isn't a few years old... I suppose I could use this opportunity to try the new 24/7 support... in fact i might do that no matter what.

Out of curiosity, do you restore your phones from backup when you move to a new one?

I couldnt tell you what is causing this, but the fact that youve had it occur over multiple different phones tells me its one of probably two things: You have a setting / configuration in your backup messing with it or an app you have downloaded is messing with it.

I would try factory resetting and setting up from scratch.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, do you restore your phones from backup when you move to a new one?

I couldnt tell you what is causing this, but the fact that youve had it occur over multiple different phones tells me its one of probably two things: You have a setting / configuration in your backup messing with it or an app you have downloaded is messing with it.

I would try factory resetting and setting up from scratch.

Yeah, I agree that it doesn't seem device specific.. However, I never restore devices, I always set them up from scratch. Too much junk comes back down otherwise.