Pixel and Pixel XL to At&t

Dfresh2

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I stop by Verizon today just to go ahead and take a look at the pixel XL and it was really really nice, no bloatware just a solid phone. I went into AT&T to see the features I would be missing if I got it off the Google Play Store. Before he would answer he said that AT&T just signed the contract to get the Google pixel phones. He said they don't have a release date yet but they are 100% getting the Google pixel and pixel XL on AT&T.

Dfresh2

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you guys just buy it unlocked? Like what's the advantage of going through the carrier?

Yes that's cool but there are certain things you would miss out on like Wi-Fi calling being one. You could finance through google but they send you through all types of hoops.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
That's good news for Google! They need it front and center in as many carrier stores as they can get...

Us geeks know where and how to get it but the average consumer doesn't.. If it's not in store and on display, they'd never know about it..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's cool but there are certain things you would miss out on like Wi-Fi calling being one. You could finance through google but they send you through all types of hoops.

That is only with AT&T / Sprint at the moment.

VoLTE, WiFi calling, etc. all work on the one bought from the Google Store for Verizon & T-Mobile.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The Pixel works well on AT&T.

Screenshot_20161020-184241.png

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the Verizon store near work to see it as well. I'm also on at&t. It was a really nice phone. The camera was super fast. And the speaker is actually quite nice. I really want a black pixel. But the silver/white pixel XL was calling my name. I'm used to big phones (note user), and I want a smaller phone. But the XL was really nice in hand. I wasn't fond of the blue.

Dfresh2

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the Verizon store near work to see it as well. I'm also on at&t. It was a really nice phone. The camera was super fast. And the speaker is actually quite nice. I really want a black pixel. But the silver/white pixel XL was calling my name. I'm used to big phones (note user), and I want a smaller phone. But the XL was really nice in hand. I wasn't fond of the blue.

I thought the blue would be sweet but I didn't really like it either. I think the front being white and not all blue through me off. That black tho really called my name.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Man that is pretty fast. Do you notice anything different than if you bought it through a carrier?

When you buy it from the Google store you don't get any carrier bloat, but who knows; you still may not get that much buying from a carrier with this phone.

Dfresh2

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
When you buy it from the Google store you don't get any carrier bloat, but who knows; you still may not get that much buying from a carrier with this phone.

When I was messing with the Verizon pixel XL it had 0 bloat from Verizon or any other for that matter.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you guys just buy it unlocked? Like what's the advantage of going through the carrier?

For me, I don't want to pay full price. I'll be on the AT&T Every Year plan and upgrade after 12 months. So technically I only pay for half the phone before I upgrade again.

mastaofdacat

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel and Pixel XL to At&t

My XL is coming in Monday and glad to see you AT&T guys are showing specs and feedback .Im on AT&T and feel little better that it seems OK on the carrier . Thanks for the feedback !

Kire73

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
For me, I don't want to pay full price. I'll be on the AT&T Every Year plan and upgrade after 12 months. So technically I only pay for half the phone before I upgrade again.

The next plan! I really wanted then nexus, then the note 7....the point is this is the phone I want and don't have to pay a dime if it comes to at&t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463