Pixel Bluetooth issues

HateGooglepixel

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I also have Bluetooth issues! So I am going to go back to note 5. With that being said Verizon told me to take my car to get update on my Bluetooth system they said will not pair with 7.0 version nor, will my Galaxy gear. What a rip off...I never had any trouble with note 5 or 7its so frustrating paying this for a phone and can't use it in the car.😕 Or wear my watch.
My car is 2012 Equinox

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with old text messages coming through when I receive a new text. 2013 Ford Explorer. I've just turned off message access in the Bluetooth settings for now and until this is resolved.

Yeah I ended up turning the messaging off in my car. Annoying to get a new text message and the car start reading off the 15 or 20 old messages before that.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a Google Pixel and when I tried to sync with my car (Ford Escape) it wouldn't. Ford's website doesn't list this phone as being compatible with Sync. Is there any app that can get around this problem? Bummer!

You've got to be kidding. My pixel is on the truck being delivered today. I just bought a brand new 2017 escape. I'll try it on that and my 2013 Mustang GT. If it doesnt sync, its going back although I should give Google a chance to work around. But the trouble is their 14 day return window. Ill give them about 5 days then box it up.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You've got to be kidding. My pixel is on the truck being delivered today. I just bought a brand new 2017 escape. I'll try it on that and my 2013 Mustang GT. If it doesnt sync, its going back although I should give Google a chance to work around. But the trouble is their 14 day return window. Ill give them about 5 days then box it up.

It works with Sync 3 in my F150, other than I get multiple text notifications mentioned by others). Calls and music streaming work okay for me. It may depend on what version of Sync you have in your Escape.

RUSirius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

So on my 2011 Expedition with the basic no gps SYNC, I had to select "special pin"" on the car menu. The pixel saw "sync" but failed to communicate when asked to. After selecting "special pin" the car then gives a "0000" pin and the Pixel paired. Due to other weirdness I deleted it a few days later and tried again. This time after 2 tries it did communicate and accept the car generated pin. Special pin not required this time. Go figure.

When in a call I initiate the car screen says "In Privacy" instead of caller's name. But the car is connected and the hands free mic in the car is working. Sounds very good actually and it paired quite easily to my wife's 2015 Edge. I could never understand her before on her Droid Mini but her new Pixel sounds very good on the Sync hands free.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No problems with my 2014 sonic. I just hate my link from Chevy. I would pay for an Android auto update that they are putting in the newer models. Sigh.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
This seems to happen in my car...if I don't have it plugged into my Android Auto system and I get a call, it will ring and it's through my car speakers. When I try to answer, it will not answer but will continue to ring until I stop and turn the car off and back on again. It does that EVERY TIME.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a question. For those of you that it works great for, what storage capacity and color do you have? It's not a total BT problem as it works with my headsets fine but not my car.

Harleytiger7

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same trouble in my Subaru Outback. I called Google Tech support (The Philippines) and they are aware of the problem. They could not tell me when they are going to send the fix update? I'm pissed. Obviously their R/D is flawed? You're the first one who has posted a problem. Thank you. I just bought the phone today! If I'd known this I wouldn't have bought the phone. I'll be going back tomorrow to exchange for an iPhone 7plus.

gambitkl

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with bad static/noise in voice calls when connected to my car's Bluetooth (2011 Subaru impreza). It's almost unusable. Music streaming over Bluetooth is fine, however. Does anyone else experience this issue. I used to have an S6 paired to my car and it was perfect for both voice calls and music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad