They cheaped out in some areas of the phone, but still not bad.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-20-2016 08:24 PM
    I don't understand the earpiece speaker cover. A problem I've been having the last couple years is metal dust collecting there. On the 6P, no big deal just use a magnet and it comes right out. On the LG G4 the holes were bigger allowing some inside ruining the speaker, which wasn't bad to replace but still.

So I guess I'll have to watch this situation on the pixel.
    10-20-2016 08:28 PM
    He rated it very well...
    10-20-2016 09:22 PM
    Made in HTC from Taiwan, so just like HTC 10, it won't bend.
    By the way, I'd want to know what glass are using at back glass panel.
    10-21-2016 03:01 AM
    Earlier today i watched that video, I'm very impressed. The device looks really strong, unlike the 6P
    Really is a premium phone.
    10-21-2016 03:09 AM
    I thought I read Gorilla Glass 4.
    10-21-2016 04:42 AM
    Impressive. Very odd about the cloth over the ear speaker.
    10-21-2016 08:00 AM
    No matter how many of these I watch, I cannot get past the fact that people destroy a perfectly good phone. I hope he at least donates them to a charity like HopeLine.

That said, the PIxel looks pretty durable, which is a good sign. That is consistent to the way it feels when you hold one. The fabric on the ear piece doesn't bother me, but we'll see how that plays out over time I guess.
    10-21-2016 08:09 AM
    I got my phone, first day today. Dropped it 2 feet to the floor (it fell out of my stupid women's pants pockets that are too small, while I was using the toilet).

Screen cracked already

I've been using other smartphones for over 3 years without a case. I got a case for this, but it is still in the mail. I thought I could do alright until it arrived, seeing as I've been case-less for years and prided myself on how carefully I look after my phone. Cracked screen on the first day.

I'm so angry at myself now I guess screens are fixable but UGH!
    10-21-2016 08:25 AM
    I got my phone, first day today. Dropped it 2 feet to the floor (it fell out of my stupid women's pants pockets that are too small, while I was using the toilet).

Screen cracked already

I've been using other smartphones for over 3 years without a case. I got a case for this, but it is still in the mail. I thought I could do alright until it arrived, seeing as I've been case-less for years and prided myself on how carefully I look after my phone. Cracked screen on the first day.

Damn that sucks. Hope they are able to replace and get you running quickly.
    10-21-2016 08:26 AM
    There's always gotta be someone to mess up the phone on the first day. I guess it just happened to be me this time.
    10-21-2016 08:50 AM
    There's always gotta be someone to mess up the phone on the first day. I guess it just happened to be me this time.
    Very true. Take solace in the fact that somebody else has a device out there that is now safe because you took the hit.
    10-21-2016 08:56 AM
    His tests are massively excessive (my 6p never bent). But the pixel seemed to fair very well, regardless.
    10-21-2016 09:17 AM

Screen cracked already

Don't feel so bad,things happen. Though am curious as to how easy this design may crack...

10-22-2016 12:10 AM
    Lol, this is such laughable logic. Just because it's made by HTC doesn't mean it's made to the same specifications as the HTC 10.
    10-22-2016 12:35 AM

Screen cracked already

That sucks. Sorry to hear it
    10-22-2016 08:02 AM
    Lol, this is such laughable logic. Just because it's made by HTC doesn't mean it's made to the same specifications as the HTC 10.
    I didn't mention that all specifications are same as HTC 10, I just only meaning hardware design.*facepalm
    Come on, dude.
    10-22-2016 10:27 AM
    HTC seems to test their phones a lot more extensively for the harshest conditions in-house. Their build quality has always been pretty good for me.
    10-22-2016 11:12 AM
    I didn't mention that all specifications are same as HTC 10, I just only meaning hardware design.*facepalm
    Come on, dude.
    I know, but not all phones made by a manufacturer have the same hardware requirements.

For instance your claim that it won't bend simply because HTC made the 10 seems to imply that HTC manufactures all their phones requiring the structural rigidity found on the 10. You simply cannot know that.
    10-22-2016 11:57 AM
    I think the ear piece cloth will be fine its not everyday you cut it with a razor. Little bit of compressed air will help keep it clean. Overall cant ask for more out of a device.
    10-22-2016 12:14 PM