why I can't c myself buying this phone

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a little overpriced for one I don't like the fact it's not available for all carriers it needs a better feature set at least some kind of water proofing and last not the name Pixel it seems like it should be the official phone of blaine and antoine from in living color.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about getting it, but ive learned that it doesnt have Pro mode for the camera... It doesnt have text or email counters like most phones do ( i like to be able to see how many missed notifcations i have). The bezel is huge at the bottom. The price is kind of high for a 128gb. No expandable storage which i need.

The blue color is very nice! I have heard that it is fast! and i would like to try 7.0. but i think ill pass on the pixel.
These are just my opinions im sure there are people who will really like the phone.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 243060

After breaking down your "sentence":

1. It is available on all carriers.
2. No phone is waterproof, only water resistance rated. The pixel is IP53 rated, good enough for rain. Here is an actual IPx3 Test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN91wh1cWI0

I don't completely agree with the op, but the phone is unlocked, from Google and Verizon and best buy. Only Google will allow you to buy it for other carrier. And the note 7 and s7 and edge are rated waterproof. One grade higher than iPhone water resistant. Haha.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't completely agree with the op, but the phone is unlocked, from Google and Verizon and best buy. Only Google will allow you to buy it for other carrier. And the note 7 and s7 and edge are rated waterproof. One grade higher than iPhone water resistant. Haha.

Whoops, edited to say what I really meant.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is the great thing about Android. If this device isn't right for you, there are plenty of other choices, and I'm sure you'll find one that meets your wishlist.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a little overpriced for one I don't like the fact it's not available for all carriers it needs a better feature set at least some kind of water proofing and last not the name Pixel it seems like it should be the official phone of blaine and antoine from in living color.

It's priced no higher than other flagships and it's unlocked and works on ALL carriers.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about getting it, but ive learned that it doesnt have Pro mode for the camera... It doesnt have text or email counters like most phones do ( i like to be able to see how many missed notifcations i have). The bezel is huge at the bottom. The price is kind of high for a 128gb. No expandable storage which i need.

The blue color is very nice! I have heard that it is fast! and i would like to try 7.0. but i think ill pass on the pixel.
These are just my opinions im sure there are people who will really like the phone.

So download one of the many "pro" cams in the app store.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
neither does apple having a pro mode for their camera. it's easy to use a different camera from the app store and set that as your default camera. that's the beauty of android, it allows you to set whatever you want as default. try that with an iphone. email counter can be solved by downloading a different launcher.