Hows your battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a google store pixel on Verizon. On wifi nearly all the time, poor cell signal, everything on, screen at 75%

Day 1: Plugged it in and got my apps downloaded. Then unplugged it at 100% and proceeded to log in and sync everything including 2gb of music, podcasts, Google photos, etc. 2 hours of SOT at 62% battery. That's on pace for 5 hours of SOT even with all that happening in the background.

Day 2: (so far) pacing toward 5 hours of SOT with 20 hours off charger

Last edited:

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a google store pixel on Verizon. On wifi nearly all the time, poor cell signal, everything on, screen at 75%

Day 1: Plugged it in and got my apps downloaded. Then unplugged it at 100% and proceeded to log in and sync everything including 2gb of music, podcasts, Google photos, etc. 2 hours of SOT at 62% battery. That's on pace for 5 hours of SOT even with all that happening in the background.

Day 2: (so far) pacing toward 5 hours of SOT with 20 hours off charger

Meh I got the normal 4 hr SOT like most every device but first full day so who knows.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Need way more time to give a reliable answer. I only charged it once after receiving it, but I charged it to 100% last night, went through the entire work day today including 1 hour of pure SoT surfing over lunch hour and lots of WhatsApp group chats throughout the day as well as a few phone calls. Still have 60% left. I'll lose 2-3% overnight and then most likely make it the entire day tomorrow with 20% or so left, charging on the third day. This is with the XL.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got it yesterday but my XL seems to hold up pretty well with SOT. It sat on a charger at work and was fully charged when I left work.

This evening while home I've spent quite a bit of time playing around and on the forums on it:

23fe25f43b944eb9a5df5ff664a00277.jpg

414c00f82a7bba242444ee17a819bd6d.jpg

6db870b434cd0c65ab686b5ecf8163b3.jpg

uncannyzebra

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Regular pixel here and I'm really impressed with the standby battery at least from day 1. Closest I've seen to iPhone standby. Barely used at work today and only drained 4 percent all day compared to typical 25 percent on my note 7. Also taking a bunch of pictures didn't seem to drain the battery too bad either.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Day 3 for my pixel. Still on pace to hit 5 hours SOT. I think that will be where it settles for me. For comparison this is more than I would get on the 6p and 2 hours more than I would get on the 5x.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
How'd you get the battery % in the notification up top there?
Swipe down your notification tray, then hold down on the gear icon for about 5 seconds. When you let go you'll see 'system UI tuner enabled'. Then at the bottom of the settings screen there will be a new option for System UI tuner. It's in there.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Day 2 and a half, cause it came late Friday afternoon and it's Sunday evening now, so maybe early to tell. I charged it at 11 am today and it's now 9 and was down to 43% but I used it constantly today, still setting it up, lotta email and pix, etc. Also, I am trying out the AOD amoled beta app from the play store that keeps a clock on the black off screen all the time, which I find I can't live without, one of my favorite features of the Note 7, and I think it eats a bit more battery than I wish it did, but I will probably just live with that.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Swipe down your notification tray, then hold down on the gear icon for about 5 seconds. When you let go you'll see 'system UI tuner enabled'. Then at the bottom of the settings screen there will be a new option for System UI tuner. It's in there.
Fantastic! Thank you!

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks, Thanks for posting battery life info. However, most of you haven't indicated whether or not you are using the Smaller Pixel or the Pixel XL.

So, please clarify which phone you have when posting. Thanks!

fgmg88

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Used an XL for the past two days over the weekend. Averaged about 5hrs SOT time with about 20% left in battery at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power