To all of those still on the wait list!

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just called Google, and even though I went on the waitlist Oct 6th at the latest I was told that when they finally allow me to give them money, I will not qualify for the Daydream because I didn't actually order a phone before Oct 17th. I tried to order the damn phone before the 17th, you wouldn't let me. Why am I being penalized for your poor planning Google?

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
so is anyone else as mad about this as I am? Also, has anyone heard anything different from what I was told?

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Should have ordered from vzw im not getting mine til the 11th bit I preordered on the 18 and have a an order confirmation stamped that I placed the order then. O won't be able to get the day processed til I get the phone but at least I have something to fall back on

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I was told, you had to have actually placed your order before the 17th in order to get the code for the day dream. As to Verizon, they weren't offering the Pixel XL 128GB version, so that wouldn't have worked for me, plus I am a Sprint customer who plans on keeping the unlimited data plan I currently have. Like I said I tried to place my order on the 6th, but was put on a waiting list instead. I was finally sent an email and was allowed to order the phone 2 days ago. I just think it's crap that I tried to pre order the phone, but Google wouldn't let me, and now I am being penalized for it.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I was told, you had to have actually placed your order before the 17th in order to get the code for the day dream. As to Verizon, they weren't offering the Pixel XL 128GB version, so that wouldn't have worked for me, plus I am a Sprint customer who plans on keeping the unlimited data plan I currently have. Like I said I tried to place my order on the 6th, but was put on a waiting list instead. I was finally sent an email and was allowed to order the phone 2 days ago. I just think it's crap that I tried to pre order the phone, but Google wouldn't let me, and now I am being penalized for it.

I pretty much agree, you should have been able to place an order and just have the late delivery estimate, instead of the weird wait list and not even being able to order. I was on the waitlist, but got my email to order on the 14th, so I will receive the daydream. Don't know what difference it would make to them and why they did the waitlist and not just accept orders with a late delivery date, which you get anyway.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Verizon did have pixel XL 128gb version. You may be ordering through Bestbuy? Best buy only has 32gb versions. But verizonwireless itself has the XL 128gb. I can confirm this because I pre-ordered on Oct. 14th, black pixel XL 128gb. My order still processing, delivery date due on Nov. 18th. The waiting sucks..

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I think that was done on purpose because they didn't want to have to give too many Daydreams away. They probably had a set amount of them that they were going to give away and once that number was reached they put up the wait list.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just called Google, and even though I went on the waitlist Oct 6th at the latest I was told that when they finally allow me to give them money, I will not qualify for the Daydream because I didn't actually order a phone before Oct 17th. I tried to order the damn phone before the 17th, you wouldn't let me. Why am I being penalized for your poor planning Google?

Im mad has hell too. Very poor planning. I did order a 32gb black today and its supposed to be shipped tomorrow. If it isn't. I'll cancel and get sonething else.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't wait for the wait list email.... I saw in the forums that they were taking orders last week, so I went and ordered....

Now that I'm think about it, I never got the wait list email.... But, anyway... I ordered last week from Google and got and email within 30 seconds to confirm they wanted my money and gave me a Nov 18-21 arrival date.... So, my account shows a pending charge and await I shall...

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't wait for the wait list email.... I saw in the forums that they were taking orders last week, so I went and ordered....

Now that I'm think about it, I never got the wait list email.... But, anyway... I ordered last week from Google and got and email within 30 seconds to confirm they wanted my money and gave me a Nov 18-21 arrival date.... So, my account shows a pending charge and await I shall...

I tried to do that, randomly checking to see if they made it available again, never got in. I just think it is ridiculous. I mean you are taking the time to create a wait list, why not just take our order and then when the phone becomes available send us a shipping date? As someone who writes code, this wouldn't be too difficult to do.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The bottom line is Google really screwed this up trying to offer two sizes at a launch since they were new to a launch as big as the pixel they should have released with one size a 64 gigabyte and brought out the other sizes post launch

AndroidBirdie

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I understand your frustration! I've been trying to get a pixel myself, but unfortunately for me, neither pre order is available in my country, nor is it known when/if we'll be able to buy it. I called to check with my network provider, but it's still unknown to them whether they'll offer it too.

I think google screwed up on so many levels, instead of sending random YouTubers (who happen to have zero knowledge on phones) their phones for free, they could have made them available for people who actually want to buy them.

Just wondering if it's taking this long with you guys, how long we Europeans might have to wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15