11-01-2016 07:15 AM
30 12
tools
    I just called Google, and even though I went on the waitlist Oct 6th at the latest I was told that when they finally allow me to give them money, I will not qualify for the Daydream because I didn't actually order a phone before Oct 17th. I tried to order the damn phone before the 17th, you wouldn't let me. Why am I being penalized for your poor planning Google?
    10-21-2016 08:49 AM
    so is anyone else as mad about this as I am? Also, has anyone heard anything different from what I was told?
    10-23-2016 05:01 PM
    Should have ordered from vzw im not getting mine til the 11th bit I preordered on the 18 and have a an order confirmation stamped that I placed the order then. O won't be able to get the day processed til I get the phone but at least I have something to fall back on
    10-23-2016 08:33 PM
    I ordered mine on 19th and was stated pre-order. Don't I get the promo code also?
    10-24-2016 12:16 AM
    From what I was told, you had to have actually placed your order before the 17th in order to get the code for the day dream. As to Verizon, they weren't offering the Pixel XL 128GB version, so that wouldn't have worked for me, plus I am a Sprint customer who plans on keeping the unlimited data plan I currently have. Like I said I tried to place my order on the 6th, but was put on a waiting list instead. I was finally sent an email and was allowed to order the phone 2 days ago. I just think it's crap that I tried to pre order the phone, but Google wouldn't let me, and now I am being penalized for it.
    10-24-2016 11:09 AM
    From what I was told, you had to have actually placed your order before the 17th in order to get the code for the day dream. As to Verizon, they weren't offering the Pixel XL 128GB version, so that wouldn't have worked for me, plus I am a Sprint customer who plans on keeping the unlimited data plan I currently have. Like I said I tried to place my order on the 6th, but was put on a waiting list instead. I was finally sent an email and was allowed to order the phone 2 days ago. I just think it's crap that I tried to pre order the phone, but Google wouldn't let me, and now I am being penalized for it.
    I pretty much agree, you should have been able to place an order and just have the late delivery estimate, instead of the weird wait list and not even being able to order. I was on the waitlist, but got my email to order on the 14th, so I will receive the daydream. Don't know what difference it would make to them and why they did the waitlist and not just accept orders with a late delivery date, which you get anyway.
    10-24-2016 11:30 AM
    Verizon did have pixel XL 128gb version. You may be ordering through Bestbuy? Best buy only has 32gb versions. But verizonwireless itself has the XL 128gb. I can confirm this because I pre-ordered on Oct. 14th, black pixel XL 128gb. My order still processing, delivery date due on Nov. 18th. The waiting sucks..
    bigpapa7272 and stanleybb50 like this.
    10-24-2016 12:04 PM
    I think that was done on purpose because they didn't want to have to give too many Daydreams away. They probably had a set amount of them that they were going to give away and once that number was reached they put up the wait list.
    10-24-2016 12:15 PM
    Still waiting for the XL w/ 128 to become available again... maybe thanksgiving?
    10-24-2016 12:17 PM
    Still waiting for the XL w/ 128 to become available again... maybe thanksgiving?
    The Google Store has them for order. Not sure when you will get it, though.
    10-24-2016 01:48 PM
    I thought Verizon's version came with a locked bootloader.
    10-24-2016 02:01 PM
    I got my email that allowed to order 2 days ago. So mine is coming, delivery Thanksgiving.
    10-24-2016 02:02 PM
    I just called Google, and even though I went on the waitlist Oct 6th at the latest I was told that when they finally allow me to give them money, I will not qualify for the Daydream because I didn't actually order a phone before Oct 17th. I tried to order the damn phone before the 17th, you wouldn't let me. Why am I being penalized for your poor planning Google?
    Im mad has hell too. Very poor planning. I did order a 32gb black today and its supposed to be shipped tomorrow. If it isn't. I'll cancel and get sonething else.
    10-24-2016 02:17 PM
    I didn't wait for the wait list email.... I saw in the forums that they were taking orders last week, so I went and ordered....

Now that I'm think about it, I never got the wait list email.... But, anyway... I ordered last week from Google and got and email within 30 seconds to confirm they wanted my money and gave me a Nov 18-21 arrival date.... So, my account shows a pending charge and await I shall...
    10-24-2016 04:02 PM
    I didn't wait for the wait list email.... I saw in the forums that they were taking orders last week, so I went and ordered....

Now that I'm think about it, I never got the wait list email.... But, anyway... I ordered last week from Google and got and email within 30 seconds to confirm they wanted my money and gave me a Nov 18-21 arrival date.... So, my account shows a pending charge and await I shall...
    I tried to do that, randomly checking to see if they made it available again, never got in. I just think it is ridiculous. I mean you are taking the time to create a wait list, why not just take our order and then when the phone becomes available send us a shipping date? As someone who writes code, this wouldn't be too difficult to do.
    10-25-2016 08:17 AM
    I ordered mine on day one. Still preordered. Delivery date of Thanksgiving. Not cool.
    10-25-2016 08:35 AM
    Plenty of them on swappa and ebay if you don't mind paying a premium.
    10-25-2016 05:09 PM
    Plenty of them on swappa and ebay if you don't mind paying a premium.
    Premium on top of premium? Yikes!
    10-25-2016 05:25 PM
    The bottom line is Google really screwed this up trying to offer two sizes at a launch since they were new to a launch as big as the pixel they should have released with one size a 64 gigabyte and brought out the other sizes post launch
    10-25-2016 06:22 PM
    I understand your frustration! I've been trying to get a pixel myself, but unfortunately for me, neither pre order is available in my country, nor is it known when/if we'll be able to buy it. I called to check with my network provider, but it's still unknown to them whether they'll offer it too.

I think google screwed up on so many levels, instead of sending random YouTubers (who happen to have zero knowledge on phones) their phones for free, they could have made them available for people who actually want to buy them.

Just wondering if it's taking this long with you guys, how long we Europeans might have to wait.
    10-25-2016 07:25 PM
    Just an update, I finally got an email from Google saying I could place my order. So I have done so. Delivery Thanksgiving. I haven't received any email saying I will get a code for the Daydream, so yeah I guess that ship has sailed. Again if anyone else on the waitlist, who was finally able to order after Oct 17th, and somehow was able to get a Daydfream code, let me know how you did it.
    10-27-2016 08:47 AM
    Wow that does stink.

It makes sense to me that they started the wait list though. It seems the exceeded orders and didn't have enough day dreams so when they ran out of daydreams they had to delay people from pre ordering?

Just a thought
    10-27-2016 10:37 AM
    While I get your frustration with not being able to order the phone you wanted, like most giveaways/incentives, Google clearly stated that the daydream giveaway was a "while supplies last" type of promotion. So even preordering wasn't a guarantee. It's kind of like bobblehead day at the ballpark - first 5,000 fans get one because they're trying to get people to the ballpark early so they spend more money on concessions, but they're not going to give away more bobbleheads than necessary to generate that traffic. Google offered the daydream view as an incentive to sell phones early and quickly. Clearly it worked since the phone you wanted sold out.

ETA:
    Here is the text from the email I received after my order was placed. There's no end date to the promotion, just a start date, and a "while supplies last" period of eligibility. I ordered on the 5th.

*Offer applies to redemption of one Daydream View device with the pre-order of a Pixel device on the Google Store in the U.S. starting from 10/4/2016 and available while supplies last. After a qualifying purchase of a Pixel device, a promo code will be emailed within approximately 4 weeks from the Pixel device shipment date. The promo code must be used on the Google Store before 12/31/2016 and will expire after this date.
    10-27-2016 11:43 AM
    While I get your frustration with not being able to order the phone you wanted, like most giveaways/incentives, Google clearly stated that the daydream giveaway was a "while supplies last" type of promotion. So even preordering wasn't a guarantee. It's kind of like bobblehead day at the ballpark - first 5,000 fans get one because they're trying to get people to the ballpark early so they spend more money on concessions, but they're not going to give away more bobbleheads than necessary to generate that traffic. Google offered the daydream view as an incentive to sell phones early and quickly. Clearly it worked since the phone you wanted sold out.

ETA:
    Here is the text from the email I received after my order was placed. There's no end date to the promotion, just a start date, and a "while supplies last" period of eligibility. I ordered on the 5th.

*Offer applies to redemption of one Daydream View device with the pre-order of a Pixel device on the Google Store in the U.S. starting from 10/4/2016 and available while supplies last. After a qualifying purchase of a Pixel device, a promo code will be emailed within approximately 4 weeks from the Pixel device shipment date. The promo code must be used on the Google Store before 12/31/2016 and will expire after this date.
    But see the problem I have with that is that if I had chosen to purchase a different model of Pixel, I would have received the DayDream. They weren't out of Daydreams at the time, they were out of Pixel XLs 128GB. If I had at least been allowed to place my pre order I would have received one. I was not allowed to do so. If I had placed my pre order I am sure my shipping date would have been a bit later, which I wouldn't have minded, I tried to order on the 6th, not the 4th or 5th. But the fact that I was put on a waitlist instead of being allowed to order was pretty crappy.
    10-31-2016 12:02 PM
    for all whose delivery has been delayed you will get a $50 play store credit so hang in there for some free credit
    10-31-2016 12:10 PM
30 12