Verizon Visual Voicemail on Pixel XL

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Basic Visual Voicemail is free from Verizon. Upgrading to Premium gives you text transcriptions of your messages and I think you might get more storage. With the Pixel, as already stated, voicemail is the fourth tab in the Dialer app, so no need for a separate app.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
If you're asking if the Dialer app displays the text transcription if you pay for premium, the answer is yes. When you tap the message in the list, the text is displayed along with playback controls.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're asking if the Dialer app displays the text transcription if you pay for premium, the answer is yes. When you tap the message in the list, the text is displayed along with playback controls.

No, for instance I'm on AT&T and get transcribed VM on my iPhone standard. I don't pay anything extra.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
iPhone is a special case, I believe. I dont think standard VM rules apply there. There are free VM alternatives for that for Android or the pay options like YouMail Premium or Verizon VVM.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why more people aren't mentioning Google Voice with it's built-in visual voice mail. Maybe I'm missing something (wouldn't be the first time) or maybe there's limitations that I don't realize.

You get your Google Voice phone number which you don't have to use, but you can still direct your regular phone number to use the Google Voice Voice Mail. You get true visual including an actual transcription of the message so you don't even have to listen to the message if you don't want.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why more people aren't mentioning Google Voice with it's built-in visual voice mail. Maybe I'm missing something (wouldn't be the first time) or maybe there's limitations that I don't realize.

You get your Google Voice phone number which you don't have to use, but you can still direct your regular phone number to use the Google Voice Voice Mail. You get true visual including an actual transcription of the message so you don't even have to listen to the message if you don't want.

[url]http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah39/harlan429/voicemail_zpsosxl6knm.png[/URL]
How does this work? I'm interested

I went to my dialer and don't see option for visual voicemail. I just use the AT&T one.

9544dc0286b0be1669be8b18d2dd41e3.jpg

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I remember how exactly. But do a search to find Google Voice.

I don't use my Google Voice phone number. But what it is is a second phone number, that if you give it to people, it can direct all calls to either your home, work, office, sell, or any other number you want to direct it to. That way, somebody doesn't have to try to reach you at several different places, but rather any phone you program into it will ring. Again, I don't use that phone number, but it has a great voice mail feature that allows you to use your own phone number and use Google Voice voicemail

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115061?hl=en

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
It works like YouMail thru call forwarding. Once a calls reaches voicemail, it forwards out to your Google voice number which then handles the VM. You access it either thru the GV app or Hangouts.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
How did you get your basic visual voicemail to work on the phone app? Mines keep saying disabled but when I go into the settings the visual voicemail is enabled.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Only thing I can suggest is make sure the VM service selected is Your Carrier. Mine simply worked when I activated it. Seems really strange to me that so many people are having difficulties with it. Must have something to do with Verizon services somehow not communicting with the handset, maybe??

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny, but I never gave a thought to setting up Visual Voicemail. Project Fi is our carrier and Visual Voicemail was just there from day one, no looking for it, no setting it up, it was just there. Very useful feature I might add.