Weather widget on home screen is missing?

danwwright

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I updated/rebooted and initially it was still showing just the date, but after about 25-30 minutes it switched to the weather, so could be that it just takes a bit after updating.

RGBean944

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
It's not obvious, but I got it working using the following steps:
1 Long Press on Screen to get the Settings
2. choose settings and turn on Google Apps
3. Slide out the Google Page
4. click on the 'hamburger' menu
5. Click on Settings
6. Click on feed and enable it
7. Turn on the Weather setting in 'Get notified about'

The it'll appear on the home screen.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Pixel XL from the UK here - got it working this morning. Follow the link, does it give you the option to update?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gle.android.apps.nexuslauncher&token=-RX850s-

Head into settings > apps > locate Pixel launcher. Click into it and enable the three permissions it wants.

Reboot the phone

Swipe left to reveal Google Now, refresh the feed by pulling down, then head to the home screen - the weather widget should now be there :)

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's the fix that works for me. There are three cards in Google Now. Enable updates for all locations.

In case anyone else is having this issue, I had weather cards turned off in Google now. Enabled it, and the weather came up. Guess same goes if you'd rather have the clock, disable weather updates.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's the fix that works for me. There are three cards in Google Now. Enable updates for all locations.

In case anyone else is having this issue, I had weather cards turned off in Google now. Enabled it, and the weather came up. Guess same goes if you'd rather have the clock, disable weather updates.

This did the trick, thanks.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I'm struggling to find this setting. Can you be more specific where the setting is?

jmajeremy

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Pixel XL from the UK here - got it working this morning. Follow the link, does it give you the option to update?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gle.android.apps.nexuslauncher&token=F4wIy6Kh

Head into settings > apps > locate Pixel launcher. Click into it and enable the three permissions it wants.

Reboot the phone

Swipe left to reveal Google Now, refresh the feed by pulling down, then head to the home screen - the weather widget should now be there :)

That worked for me, no need to reboot though–thanks!

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggling to find this setting. Can you be more specific where the setting is?

Go to google now. In the settings select customize. Scroll down to"everything else." In there you'll find multiple options for weather in certain places. Ensure they're all enabled. Lemme know if this helps.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Not working for me in the US either. But I'm going to wait it out for 25-30 minutes like another poster said, and hopefully it fixes itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX