11-01-2016 10:23 AM
122 1234 ...
tools
    Is Best Buy selling for the same price as Google and Verizon?

It used to seem that their prices were higher if you tried to purchase a phone outright that wasn't tied to an existing line or account.
    10-21-2016 04:24 PM
    Is Best Buy selling for the same price as Google and Verizon?

It used to seem that their prices were higher if you tried to purchase a phone outright that wasn't tied to an existing line or account.
    its $40 more its listed at 799.99
    diesteldorf likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:12 PM
    I am at BB now, 35.00 return fee. They did throw in a chromecast
    10-21-2016 06:01 PM
    Bought a Silver Pixel XL from Best Buy and they were pretty adamant about it only working with Verizon even though I explained what others have done. So I bought it anyway trusting others on here but come to find out, Sprint is a f*cking hassel to deal with when it comes to bringing your own phone. You have to have a specific SIM for phones brought in from the outside and NO STORES CARRY IT. They had to order me one and it will be here in 3-5 days! So im stuck with an unactivated Pixel which sucks, plus not knowing 100% whether or not it is truly locked to Verizon or not. Since it worked on T-Mobile I am guessing it really is unlocked.
    10-21-2016 06:57 PM
    I will visit my BB store and check out too.... Still deciding considering the cost
    10-21-2016 07:19 PM
    Picked up 2 pixel XL's tonight from Best Buy.

Both the wife and I were tired of fighting with our old LG G3's.

The last 2 silvers they had.

Took them home and the G3 sims wouldn't fit, so back to T-mo to get new sims.

The T-mo guys were so excited to see a pixel, they set it up for me. . The one guy had a new LG V20. 😁.

I have had no issues with it on T-mo and everything is running smooth and fast.

If the V20 had been open sourced, it might have been a tough decision. But even the T-mo guy was complaining about it being locked.

So far, I Would tell anyone waiting for weeks for a phone, to go check out Best Buy
    10-21-2016 09:48 PM
    Picked up 2 pixel XL's tonight from Best Buy.

Both the wife and I were tired of fighting with our old LG G3's.

The last 2 silvers they had.

Took them home and the G3 sims wouldn't fit, so back to T-mo to get new sims.

The T-mo guys were so excited to see a pixel, they set it up for me. . The one guy had a new LG V20. .

I have had no issues with it on T-mo and everything is running smooth and fast.

If the V20 had been open sourced, it might have been a tough decision. But even the T-mo guy was complaining about it being locked.

So far, I Would tell anyone waiting for weeks for a phone, to go check out Best Buy
    This is good news, thanks. Gives me hope for when my Sprint SIM comes in, it will work with the Best Buy "Verizon" phone.
    10-21-2016 10:40 PM
    I wonder if turning the phone on the first time without the VZ sim will make a difference on who does the future updates. The VZ bloat did not download for the OP, and TMo wifi calling and VOLTE worked when turned on with a TMo sim. Perhaps the phone is only "tied" to VZ if it is initially booted with their sim.
    10-22-2016 07:29 AM
    I did read that in another thread, it said if you fire it up with the Verizon sim in. . Verizon sees it and it is tied to them.

Not sure if that is the case, so didn't take any chances. . I waited until I put my T-mo sim in before I fired it up.
    10-22-2016 10:02 AM
    All Verizon phones are unlocked.... It will not make any diffrenrce which sim inside when you turn on
    10-22-2016 10:45 AM
    Software updates come from verizon not google. So save that verizon sim.
    10-22-2016 10:47 AM
    The update Verizon pushed was to fix a WiFi connectivity issue. I noticed that WiFi was dropping for me. I restarted the phone and it was okay for about 5 - 6 hours then it would happen again. Last night I popped in the Verizon SIM and the system update began downloading (About 34MB) and updated my Pixel to version NDE63P from NDE63N.

WiFi is much improved thankfully. After the update was done, I removed the Verizon SIM and popped in my T-Mobile SIM and everything works fine.

On another note, I did see a notification to activate the phone when I had the Verizon SIM in the Pixel, but I just ignored that. So, all I received was the update and no Verizon bloatware.

As far as saving the SIM card I will, but since Google has not pushed out any updates, I think the Pixels without a Verizon SIM will receive Google's updates without an issue, however, we will have to wait and see.
    10-22-2016 11:23 AM
    Well after FINALLY finding a Sprint store in town that had a universal sim card, my Best Buy pixel is fully operational! This is a great work around if you don't want Verizon and can't get one through the Google store. Plus Best Buy has 12 month financing if you have a card with them. Win win!
    10-22-2016 12:26 PM
    I commend the willingness of all for "going to any lengths" to get the Pixel and get it operational - well done Pixel People.
    10-22-2016 12:29 PM
    I don't see anything about it on BestBuy.com so wonder if it is store-by-store policy ?
    But, for those thinking to test and return may be better to hit swappa since it is out of stock and may be able to sell it easily.
    I can tell you I got an iPhone to try out before my Pixel comes. When I bought they said there was a $35 restocking fee if I returned it. I returned it and got all my money back last week; no restocking fee was charged. Is it supposed to be on your Verizon bill or is Best Buy supposed to charge it?
    10-22-2016 12:50 PM
    I checked my local best buy last night and they had 32GB XL's in stock (Very Silver), so I ordered one and selected store pick up. I received the confirmation this morning and it is now in my possession. Much easier process than pre-ordering from the Google Store.

I just canceled my pre order since I won't be needing it anymore (32GB XL Black). Order was placed on 10/7 and no movement.

So, a few things about the Best Buy Pixel
    1. It is an unlocked device
    2. The phone and packaging have no Verizon logos
    3. The phone has a Verizon SIM card already installed

I have T-Mobile service and before I turned on the Pixel, I removed the Verizon SIM card and put in my T-Mobile SIM and everything works at this point. So, I think that if you turn on the phone with the Verizon SIM, it may check in with their network and begin the download of the 3 apps and the system update.

So far, on T-Mobile, there are no updates, but everything works with the Verizon Pixel that I purchased at Best Buy.
    So at what point does the bootloader get locked, I wonder? Not that it really matters to me, but will matter to some. It may however matter to me when I try to sell it... Does anyone know?
    10-22-2016 02:43 PM
    Software updates come from verizon not google. So save that verizon sim.
    No they don't. They come from Google.
    djisia87 likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:01 PM
    Well yesterday i bought my phone and said phone was up to date, until i put the verizon sim back and update started downloading.
    murphcid likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:55 PM
    For those of you who purchased your Verizon Pixel XL at Bestbuy, how much was it? As of right now, Bestbuy site doesn't list any XLs just the regular Pixel.
    10-24-2016 01:48 AM
    For those of you who purchased your Verizon Pixel XL at Bestbuy, how much was it? As of right now, Bestbuy site doesn't list any XLs just the regular Pixel.
    The one on their website listed as the $31/mo is the pixel xl. It is listed incorrectly as a non xl. At the store, they sell the phone for $750 (if you ask). Its listed at $800.
    10-24-2016 06:41 AM
    That is not good. So if I have AT&T, then will I have to switch out the sim every couple of days just to get updates?
    Well yesterday i bought my phone and said phone was up to date, until i put the verizon sim back and update started downloading.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-24-2016 06:54 AM
    That is not good. So if I have AT&T, then will I have to switch out the sim every couple of days just to get updates?
    Yes.
    10-24-2016 07:55 AM
    That is not true. At least not on T-mobile.

No stinking Verizon sim, has violated my Pixel when the power has been turned on.

And I have gotten an update within minutes of firing it up.

While I was at Best Buy the goole rep was there, he also assured me that the updates come directly from Google
    10-24-2016 08:12 AM
    Well VRZ did say they will not mess with updates for Pixel phones. I dont see why its being a big deal as one the reasons we buy this phone because of SW updates
    10-24-2016 08:31 AM
    For those who bought a Pixel from Best Buy but not using Verizon. What is your current Build? I am using Sprint on mine and my build is NDE63N. I've seen other users say they have Build NDE63P. So not sure what is the latest or if the 63P build is just for Verizon.
    10-24-2016 09:07 AM
122 1234 ...