Best Buy Pixel XL Experience

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe that Google will eventually begin to push out update NDE63P. It is already listed on their developer site
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

It's the same build that Pixels on the Verizon network are receiving, which I think is good news since it seems that there will not be separate builds for the Pixels sold by Verizon and those sold by Google. Which further reinforces that all Pixels are basically the same sans bootloader.

As far as why Verizon opted to push the update before Google, they would need to answer that. Having said that I don't think that the folks with Verizon Pixels using different service providers will need to pop in the Verizon SIM to receive any updates. I just believe that Google has not started to push the update to all Pixels just yet.

I also think that Pixels with a Verizon SIM, will get the update when both Verizon and Google agree to push it. In this case, Verizon got the update first :p

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe that Google will eventually begin to push out update NDE63P. It is already listed on their developer site

It's the same build that Pixels on the Verizon network are receiving, which I think is good news since it seems that there will not be separate builds for the Pixels sold by Verizon and those sold by Google. Which further reinforces that all Pixels are basically the same sans bootloader.

As far as why Verizon opted to push the update before Google, they would need to answer that. Having said that I don't think that the folks with Verizon Pixels using different service providers will need to pop in the Verizon SIM to receive any updates. I just believe that Google has not started to push the update to all Pixels just yet.

I also think that Pixels with a Verizon SIM, will get the update when both Verizon and Google agree to push it. In this case, Verizon got the update first :p
That makes sense. Hopefully your take is spot on.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up for those who purchased at Best Buy. If you call into their care after purchase, they will price match Verizon's website. I received a partial refund pretty painlessly, the hold time was the longest part. I did not get a chromecast :( Ordered online and picked up in store.

Using mine on TMO as well, no issues at all. I did not boot up the phone with the Verizon card so did not receive any Verizon apps. Super impressed with the phone so far.

What is that number? I just tried to call and get mine price matched but they said Verizon is not on their list to price match.

adebo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is that number? I just tried to call and get mine price matched but they said Verizon is not on their list to price match.

I called 1-888-237-8289. I mentioned the Google Store and Verizon, the rep verified Verizon and processed. Verizon would be a local competitor unless you do not have any Verizon stores in your area.

Docavelli

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

This is good news. I was thinking about getting one from BB.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I called 1-888-237-8289. I mentioned the Google Store and Verizon, the rep verified Verizon and processed. Verizon would be a local competitor unless you do not have any Verizon stores in your area.

That's the number I called. I'm in KC and there's a Verizon down the street from Best Buy haha. I'll try again.

Blazefox1990

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
If I wanted to get mine through Best Buy, I would have to order online. My stores dont stock unlocked phones. A full Best Buy store and a Best Buy mobile, you would think I would have no issue finding the phones I want, but these guys only stock Samsung and apple.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
There is no such thing as a locked Pixel.

Go get one at Best Buy, or verizon and put your T-mo, at and t or sprint sim in it.

Got mine at BB and took the Verizon sim out, put my T-mo sim in and magic... Everything works great as well as updates.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There is no such thing as a locked Pixel.

Go get one at Best Buy, or verizon and put your T-mo, at and t or sprint sim in it.

Got mine at BB and took the Verizon sim out, put my T-mo sim in and magic... Everything works great as well as updates.

Correct. That's being said, have you received the latest build update that others are reporting? I'm in your boat, but haven't received latest build NDE63P.

Perhaps Verizon beat Google to the punch this time with this minor update.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my Pixel from Best Buy today. The rep there told me it would not work on AT&T. He said he tried with another customer and failed. He thinks I'll be paying a restocking fee when it doesn't work.
Well, it works just fine. I swapped the Verizon sim with my AT&T sim before powering it on. Booya!

Edit to add: I'm on NDE63N. I have received no updates.

Last edited:

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Z Force from BB because they had a $200 off promo going. Bought my XL at VZW because they were having a trade in program, gave them my old galaxy nexus and got $200 off. Figured that was worth more than a GC and chromecast

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance