(I wonder if click-bait headlines work on forums too?)

So my very first test for the assistant was a simple holding down of the home key followed by "remind me to get XYZ when I get to [neighborhood grocery store]"

Assistant heard it all correctly, all 6 items, and identified the correct grocery store and asked if I'd like to set a "place" reminder. I said yes. And that was the last I ever heard of my reminder...

It didn't alert me when I got to the grocery store. I held down on the home key to see if at least the transcription of my request was in the history...nothing. No card in Google Now, no calendar event, nothing. It's as if our little conversation had never happened.

Anyone had a similar experience? Or a positive experience setting a reminder with assistant?
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-21-2016 12:34 PM
    Does it show you them when you ask the assistant to "show me my reminders"?
    10-21-2016 12:59 PM
    (I wonder if click-bait headlines work on forums too?)

So my very first test for the assistant was a simple holding down of the home key followed by "remind me to get XYZ when I get to [neighborhood grocery store]"

Assistant heard it all correctly, all 6 items, and identified the correct grocery store and asked if I'd like to set a "place" reminder. I said yes. And that was the last I ever heard of my reminder...

It didn't alert me when I got to the grocery store. I held down on the home key to see if at least the transcription of my request was in the history...nothing. No card in Google Now, no calendar event, nothing. It's as if our little conversation had never happened.

Anyone had a similar experience? Or a positive experience setting a reminder with assistant?
    I'll stick with Google Keep!

Assistant said she'd remind me which groceries to get....you wont believe what happened next!-useless.jpg
    10-21-2016 01:00 PM
    Don't have a Pixel yet, but on my 6P, location notifications with Android Pay work about 10% of the time. Probably has something to do with Google trying to balance battery life with location checking frequency ... and failing.
    10-21-2016 01:21 PM
    I've never had any luck with location based reminders either on iPhones or Galaxy Phones I've owned... I try it all the time... I'll do Remind me to play video games when I get home. Usually it's several hours after I've been home that it finally pops up the reminder.

I have yet to try one on a Pixel... Just set one now.

Can it associate WiFi with a location? I wonder if I had Wifi on and once it connects to my SSID if it would remind me?

The only device I've ever had luck with on geo-reminders was a Lumia Windows Phone. Those were pretty solid from what I remembered.
    10-21-2016 01:50 PM