Reasons to upgrade from one plus 3

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
As always in past years I placed one of the first preorders for a new Google/Nexus phone the moment they became available.

Unlike previous years I bought a OnePlus this year.

I now am finding myself in the surprising position that I can't think of one good reason to accept delivery of my Pixel today -- the OP3 is wicked fast (much faster then the Nexus 6 I owned before), the camera is pretty good, and the only three things I miss -- inductive charging, water resistance, and stereo front facing speakers -- are gone from Googles new flagship, leaving the better camera as only apparent reason for an upgrade. But is that camera worth $900? Or are there other reasons I should consider?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
As always in past years I placed one of the first preorders for a new Google/Nexus phone the moment they became available.

Unlike previous years I bought a OnePlus this year.

I now am finding myself in the surprising position that I can't think of one good reason to accept delivery of my Pixel today -- the OP3 is wicked fast (much faster then the Nexus 6 I owned before), the camera is pretty good, and the only three things I miss -- inductive charging, water resistance, and stereo front facing speakers -- are gone from Googles new flagship, leaving the better camera as only apparent reason for an upgrade. But is that camera worth $900? Or are there other reasons I should consider?

I guess really just the Android 7.1. It's awesome and much more refined but I think you should stick with the OP3. I'm on verizon so I have no choice.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am choosing the pixel because it is made by Google. I am hoping that since they made Android, there won't be any glitches. While I do know there was some with nexus but since pixel is their real flagship I hope this time it will be the case.

Since they have less features than other phones, I'm assuming the features that they do have might not be better but will last me more than 2 years.

What I am most worry about is reading that the 6P slowed down, my android phone is lagging, Samsung has lag after a while. I do not believe in factory reset. I have praised blackberry 10 phones but thinking about, I did factory reset so many times. Android being there for a longer time, I do hope Google understands his software and will make sure that their phone stay on point.

At least last me more than a year before the lags.

Now I guess I need to find a way to get one

shebamehr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
If you just bought the OP3, it might be better to hold on to it for now until it starts dying on you. The Pixel is a huge investment (as you likely know) and OP3 has some very great internals that make it rival some of todays top flagships. Like you said, is it worth paying $500 more just for a better camera and google assistant? Probably not.. If you were in the market for a new phone and didn't have one that had current day specs this would be a no brainer, but for now i'd say probably hold on to the OP3.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci