Any moderate to heavy users think 32 GB will be enough with all the cloud storage options?

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Here is my 128 GB fresh -- Apps just started to install when I took the screenshot. Plenty of space. If you're worried about it I say just snag this and be good :).

When you took the screenshot of this, I am sure that all the apps that came with the phone are included??? I am figuring out if I should get a 128 or not....

Not including MSM, chrome, gmail etc that I am assuming will be on the phone already.... I came up with a little of 3 GB of apps I would add right away. I think I am missing a few on my list - even with cache data etc if I do a high of 5 GB of apps that would leave me 18gb. I will get one of those dongle things that holds a sd card - I have a 64 gb from my N7 (I put the big one in my Surface 3).... I also have the adapters from the N7 that I could put on flash drives....

If I am NOT planning on getting a VR I would be safe with 18 GB of space.... I don't play a lot of games on my phone. I mostly do photos, occassionally a video.... I do a lot of day to day stuff on it as well.... But I am wondering about the future of app sizes.... I have a lot on Kindle.... I have Sims Freeplay and 3 included - have not played them in awhile... maybe I will try them on my phone.... LOL I do draw some graphics, so several apps for that (I have PS on computers - graphic designer).....

I just want to make sure - if I should wait for the 128gb or get the 32 now and maybe be sorry.....

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
oooh I can't decide which size.....

If I go for a 32 gb - I can get it Friday with 1 Day shipping (plus get freebies and gift cert)

If I choose the 128 - it might ship Dec 2.....

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Who's Buying the 32 GB Model?

I am wondering if 32 GB is enough storage?
I usually keep my phones for about a year and I am also concerned that no one will want to purchase a 32 GB model in late 2017 or early 2018.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Who's Buying the 32 GB Model?

I got a 32gb. It was the last XL my local VZW store had, and I needed a phone. I'm not too fussed about space as I usually don't keep much downloaded music on it, photos back up on unlimited cloud storage, and I think I used maybe 11 gigs of the 64 gb my s6 edge + had on board. Also, I never resell phones, so I don't have to worry about that. And trade in values are crazy low on everything but iPhones anyway. ($205 for my 14 month old S6 Edge + that I still owed $400 on).

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who's Buying the 32 GB Model?

My last two or three phones were only 16gb. I make it work by relying on cloud storage. I'll have no problems with 32gb.

jowilf

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
You can always send it back before cooling off period if it's not enough..plus u can then decide if you like the actual phone

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
You can always send it back before cooling off period if it's not enough..plus u can then decide if you like the actual phone

The problem with this is the availability. If you decide to send the phone back for a 128GB will they have 128's to ship. I'm a bit surprised at how far out some of these early orders are getting pushed. I ordered 10/15 and I'm still showing a NOVEMBER 23 – 25 date. Hopefully my date sticks.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem with this is the availability. If you decide to send the phone back for a 128GB will they have 128's to ship. I'm a bit surprised at how far out some of these early orders are getting pushed. I ordered 10/15 and I'm still showing a NOVEMBER 23 – 25 date. Hopefully my date sticks.

Many of us ordered 10/04 (launch day) and got a Nov 23-25 delivery window.

tecsironman

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the 128 to stock. You will beat yourself up with the 32 gig. I have a 64 gig droid turbo and Spotify with my pics I have 10 gig left. I dont use the cloud.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I always play it safe and never go with the smallest storage option. Now that my wife and I are expecting twins in March, I am almost forced to get 128GB or larger storage. For that reason I have a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus and I am on the wait list for the 128GB Pixel XL. I'll need as much room as possible for pictures and videos of my boys!

fraxflax

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
If you are going to use it as an ordinary smart phone using it for productivity via Drive, Photos / Vids via Google Photos, Mail, Calendar, Navigation, etc, 32 should be more than enough as long as you are prepared to clean the local files (primarily photos and vids) regularly (Google Photos will prompt you when local storage is starting to fill up) .

If you are going to do other fancy things like running another dist via chroot, e.g., or have the need of having large files locally, using the phone as transport of data between places with bad connectivity, etc, you would want to wait for the larger one...

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Stuck with the same dilemma, I am currently using 40GB on my note 7. 12.25GB system, 12.6GB apps, 12.4GB pictures, and 2.5GB cache. I'd like to swap out my note 7 soon but the 12/2 ship date of the 128GB XL model isn't helping. :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Many of us ordered 10/04 (launch day) and got a Nov 23-25 delivery window.
I wonder how that worked as well. I ordered on 10/4 and got mine this Monday. I did it right at the end of the keynote. Pretty much when the page went live.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
so I have my Note 4 sort of set up.... I have not changed icons etc yet.... I do have all of the extra Samsung Apps.... maybe I should delete them.... but I have a little over 15 gb left out of 32

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech