04-02-2017 01:27 PM
36 12
tools
    I just picked up a black Pixel XL 128G from a Verizon store, walk in not preorder. It's a replacement for my N7. The only Verizon app pre-installed on it is messenger+. Pleasantly surprised there were no other apps installed. While messenger+ was ok to use on the loaner S7 edge I had between the 2 N7s I won't be using it on the Pixel so it's now gone. Zero bloatware!

So far really like the phone. Been a few hours with it and it's very responsive and great in hand. Used an iPhone 6S and Nexus 6P since retiring the last N7 and have to say that so far this phone is way better than them. Screen is awesome and bright. I haven't taken any pictures yet.

My intent was to return it before the 14 day return period and give the V20 a try but after a few hours with this I don't think that's going to happen.

Let me know if you have and questions.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-21-2016 08:30 PM
    Where did you find a 128 in a store? I thought they were sold out
    10-21-2016 08:32 PM
    Where did you find a 128 in a store? I thought they were sold out
    Pittsburgh. There's a mall that should have been closed years ago. Only real stores in it are ****'s, JC Penny, GameStop and Verizon. Walked in, asked and they had a few in stock in all colors. The only bonus of this skeleton of 80's greatness is times like this.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-21-2016 08:35 PM
    Pittsburgh. There's a mall that should have been closed years ago. Only real stores in it are ****'s, JC Penny, GameStop and Verizon. Walked in, asked and they had a few in stock in all colors. The only bonus of this skeleton of 80's greatness is times like this.
    This pisses me off to no end... there's no reason why you should be able to walk into a store and buy a 128GB pixel xl right now when mine (and many others) has been on pre-order since 10/12 and now my ship date is pushed out to 11/18... Really!!!! Absolute BS!!!!
    bbhybridchris likes this.
    10-21-2016 11:29 PM
    This pisses me off to no end... there's no reason why you should be able to walk into a store and buy a 128GB pixel xl right now when mine (and many others) has been on pre-order since 10/12 and now my ship date is pushed out to 11/18... Really!!!! Absolute BS!!!!
    Are you pissed at MoonShade or Google?
    10-21-2016 11:31 PM
    Is there any blaotware at all on the US version?

Here in Australia, the phones don't have any carrier pre-installed apps and no carrier boot screen, which is unprecedented for an Android phone. Somehow Google managed to negotiate that into the agreement, and I'm extremely happy they did.
    10-21-2016 11:36 PM
    It is actually not that bad. If you mean you ordered from Google then that doesn't apply to Verizon stock. They got their own set of stock to sell to customers. You ordered on 10/12 when it was back-ordered so of course you have to wait... You would with any popular phone you order late. I ordered on 10/4 and I get it this Monday.
    10-21-2016 11:39 PM
    It is actually not that bad. If you mean you ordered from Google then that doesn't apply to Verizon stock. They got their own set of stock to sell to customers. You ordered on 10/12 when it was back-ordered so of course you have to wait... You would with any popular phone you order late. I ordered on 10/4 and I get it this Monday.
    You're saying it's not that bad because you're assuming that I ordered from Google... I did not.

I pre-ordered my 128GB XL through Verizon, straight off Verizon's website, on 10/12... and I got an email from Verizon on Wednesday the 19th saying my ship date has been pushed from 10/20 to 11/18. What is the point of preordering when you don't have priority over people who don't!!!
    10-22-2016 12:00 AM
    This should be the way of all phones. It's frustrating when bloatware gets in the way and you can't get rid of it.
    10-22-2016 12:16 AM
    You're saying it's not that bad because you're assuming that I ordered from Google... I did not.

I pre-ordered my 128GB XL through Verizon, straight off Verizon's website, on 10/12... and I got an email from Verizon on Wednesday the 19th saying my ship date has been pushed from 10/20 to 11/18. What is the point of preordering when you don't have priority over people who don't!!!
    If I were you I would go to a store. If they have it -- get it and cancel the preorder.
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-22-2016 02:34 AM
    What are you using for Verizon voicemail?
    10-22-2016 08:26 AM
    Preordered day one and have a 11/23 ship date.
    10-22-2016 08:28 AM
    I just picked up a black Pixel XL 128G from a Verizon store, walk in not preorder. It's a replacement for my N7. The only Verizon app pre-installed on it is messenger+. Pleasantly surprised there were no other apps installed. While messenger+ was ok to use on the loaner S7 edge I had between the 2 N7s I won't be using it on the Pixel so it's now gone. Zero bloatware!

So far really like the phone. Been a few hours with it and it's very responsive and great in hand. Used an iPhone 6S and Nexus 6P since retiring the last N7 and have to say that so far this phone is way better than them. Screen is awesome and bright. I haven't taken any pictures yet.

My intent was to return it before the 14 day return period and give the V20 a try but after a few hours with this I don't think that's going to happen.

Good to know then, I guess that is also part of the reason why Google able to update Verizon version Pixel on the same day with the unlocked counterpart.
    10-22-2016 09:26 AM
    If I were you I would go to a store. If they have it -- get it and cancel the preorder.
    I just came back from the local non-company V store with a 32 GB Blue Pixel - now I see why you are the Moderator - you know things.
    It is on build NDE63P - which I think is the latest
    10-22-2016 10:03 AM
    I would like to ask the OP if they got this 128 XL from a corporate store or an authorized retailer. It has been posted on here by good sources several times that none of the corporate stores had any 128 GB XLs. I went to a corporate store Thursday and they said this as well. If they got this at a corporate store it was possibly the only one in the entire United States that had one.
    10-22-2016 10:54 AM
    Preordered day one and have a 11/23 ship date.
    Honest to God, I would be so angry if I were you... That's frustrating. Like really.

I'm sorry...
    10-22-2016 10:56 AM
    I would like to ask the OP if they got this 128 XL from a corporate store or an authorized retailer. It has been posted on here by good sources several times that none of the corporate stores had any 128 GB XLs. I went to a corporate store Thursday and they said this as well. If they got this at a corporate store it was possibly the only one in the entire United States that had one.
    Are there any non-corporate, but authorized stores near you? It might be worth a trip to see if they have any. "Desperate times call for desperate measures"
    Good Luck...
    10-22-2016 11:34 AM

It's always such a lovely surprise when you pick up a device from your carrier and there is no bloatware. Makes me want to purchase another device from them.

Maybe Google spoke with them. Lol

A droid a day keeps the Apple away
    10-22-2016 11:41 AM
    It's always such a lovely surprise when you pick up a device from your carrier and there is no bloatware. Makes me want to purchase another device from them.

Maybe Google spoke with them. Lol

A droid a day keeps the Apple away
    AGREE - 100%.
    I have been with V for years - I am happy with V - others seem to be unhappy with V - walked into store this AM - walked out with a Blue 32 GB Pixel - uninstalled 3 apps - checked build version - seems to be the latest - let me tell you...this Pixel is one fast axx sum of a gun -
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-22-2016 11:47 AM

It should have had Go90 and MyVerizon as well.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-22-2016 11:49 AM
    It should have had Go90 and MyVerizon as well.
    Mine had those two - + Messenger+, as you stated - they are now gone.
    Seems to me there is an awful lot of V hate around here - JMHO.
    stanleybb50 and Ryano89 like this.
    10-22-2016 11:52 AM
    Is there any blaotware at all on the US version?

Here in Australia, the phones don't have any carrier pre-installed apps and no carrier boot screen, which is unprecedented for an Android phone. Somehow Google managed to negotiate that into the agreement, and I'm extremely happy they did.
    There's no carrier splash screen here, there are 3 apps that install if you boot using a Verizon SIM. All three are removable, pretty easy.
    10-22-2016 11:54 AM
    No messenger or Verizon apps were installed on my Pixel XL 128 GB phone. I do need to put My Verizon on for easy bill management.
    10-22-2016 12:05 PM
    My local authorized VZ retailer has several 128 GB XLs in stock. I'm so close to giving in but I'm on T-Mobile and I don't know if the Verizon version has all the same radios as the Google version.
    10-22-2016 01:05 PM
    My local authorized VZ retailer has several 128 GB XLs in stock. I'm so close to giving in but I'm on T-Mobile and I don't know if the Verizon version has all the same radios as the Google version.
    It does
    10-22-2016 01:51 PM
36 12