App support for pixel

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't have the pixel yet but strongly considering the XL since I'm one of the unfortunate note 7 user that is forced to find a replacement device. Anyway occasionally I like to read the change log of an app that has an update. I like to read before updating so I can see the specific changes and see if those changes are ones that would enhance the app for me. Imagine my surprise when I seen and updates only new enhancement is added support for the pixel. This makes me happy because it seems developers are noticing the phone individually and that's a good thing. Don't mean to go on and on, but has anyone else noticed any change log that states support for the pixel or has anyone noticed any apps that seem more optimized on your pixel than your previous device? Curious to know your experience.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry forgot to upload pic to show what I'm referencing
ee883fa86c8df65cad6d60624f59f40d.jpg

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well my friend , I received the Google Pixel XL last Thursday October 20 directly from Google. My mobile service is AT&T. Third party apps that are working good at my Pixel are Yaata SMS paid version, Nova Launcher Prime, Action Launcher 3 paid version. Others launchers paid version disappears once you go for an app and try to get back to the home screen; Apex Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher 1 Beta paid version. Others apps that work good; Netflix, Amazon Music Store, Facebook, HD Widgets paid version, Hitman Sniper, My AT&T app, Null Black Wallpaper, Screen Off, Tapatalk app, Android Central app, Android Authority app. Not good with the Pixel phone notifications with sound and led light. You can activate the Led in settings but it's poor very poor. I installed Light Manager Pro app paid version and not happy at all. The Pixel XL don't have a good sound and led notification. Third party paid email apps; K-@ Mail Pro- Email App and Aqua Mail Pro Key works good but no sound or led notification when a new email arrives. Yaata SMS paid version the sound of notification works the led light notification don't. Downloading your paid music at Amazon Music Store app to my music player Poweramp Full Version Unlocker works fine , but downloading music from Box or Google Drive required patience and scanning the files more than just one time. The phone is fast but I can't see more or less extra fast at Internet . My Samsung Galaxy S6 is fast because TouchWiz is not a siting duck no more. The battery is bigger than the battery at my Galaxy S6 so you are going to enjoy a good battery time, no doubt about it. Regarding keyboards; ai.type paid version works good. Well I have to go, The Pixel XL is a good phone but is not the last glass of water at the desert.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That's really good to hear. The more I hear about the pixel the more I get to test one out for myself. Currently debating between this and the V20 although the more I hear about the V20 the less I'm impressed. Just doesn't interest me. Guess I should stop debating and get a pick yolo right?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ha, ha go for it my friend but I can remember the good Google Nexus 5, LG manufacturer, that was the only Nexus I owned and like it a lot. I remember too LG first flagship LG G2 the first phone with knock knock tap to wake or close the screen I love my LG G2 until the knock knock dies then the whole phone dies a couple of weeks after. But the Pixel XL will do the trick for you, no matter if you fell kind of nostalgic with features that others phones have . That's happening with me right now, I missed features of my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's like that with any new phone. Takes a week or two for updates to come to apps and to fix any phone specific bugs.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
God heard you my friend, but after nine years using Android phones I'm not so sure. Many apps developers stop working on them and when an platform upgrade comes, that app no matter if you paid for it stop working and some are totally retired at Google Play Store. I saw it with Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and I'm seeing it at my Pixel XL running Nougat 7.0.1. That's the way it is, I think that's the way life is. Ha, ha, when I was a teenager I was a fast gun but now I'm 60 years old and I'm just slow down. I like to buy the last Android phone, this Google Pixel is my current but next year maybe I get the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the Google Pixel 2. You are going to miss some features of the others phones you used to have that's it, like the external speakers of my former HTC One ( M7 ).

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
God heard you my friend, but after nine years using Android phones I'm not so sure. Many apps developers stop working on them and when an platform upgrade comes, that app no matter if you paid for it stop working and some are totally retired at Google Play Store. I saw it with Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and I'm seeing it at my Pixel XL running Nougat 7.0.1. That's the way it is, I think that's the way life is. Ha, ha, when I was a teenager I was a fast gun but now I'm 60 years old and I'm just slow down. I like to buy the last Android phone, this Google Pixel is my current but next year maybe I get the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the Google Pixel 2. You are going to miss some features of the others phones you used to have that's it, like the external speakers of my former HTC One ( M7 ).

Yeah that's kind of why I want the pixel I switch phones a lot but don't sell them. Would be nice to have a pure Google phone to convert to when I'm bored with the others. Haven't had a pure Android phone since the galaxy Nexus and we all know how that turned out lol,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty