Pixel survived 60 minutes under water test.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to note with the above, it is not a time lapsed video. It is 1:03 long. Just take the ops word that it survived unless you truly have some time to kill.

& thanks to the op. I clicked on it last night, but after 2 min realized how long it was & closed it out.

Bigsurpr1se

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I was very happy to see that video. I skipped around a lot and only really watched the beginning and end. Only negative was the speakers seemed to sound bad while they are still wet.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Nice to see especially after all the 'no ip68' tantrums that went down before the phone was even released...

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I mean, it could mostly water resistant but it isn't sealed for water resistance which is I'm sure part of why it isn't rated for the higher IP rating or marketed that way.

Honestly I'd rather have the phone be shatter proof than water resistant. I'll be glad if it can survive a drop in the puddle but even if it is water resistant the screen better not crack and so far people have cracked these phones in small drops where my Lumia's and 5X have taken being thrown and dropped from pretty high up with only the smallest of chips in the screen, I mean, you would only see them if the screen was off. Such impressive devices and the bodies could take a beating being plastic.

bobpatseels

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
That's not accurate. It stayed in the same position without moving, and the speakers still died. Anyway, techrax did a drop test andit completely killed the phone.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
That's not accurate. It stayed in the same position without moving, and the speakers still died. Anyway, techrax did a drop test andit completely killed the phone.
The speaker didn't die it still worked just sounded muffled. Possibly when it completely dries it'll be back to normal. But yeah it didn't come out completely unscathed.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The speaker didn't die it still worked just sounded muffled. Possibly when it completely dries it'll be back to normal.

Or perhaps it won't work at all. There is definitely water in the phone. I'm curious for a follow up to see if it causes additional damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol