I have a new Pixel XL. i did prefer the note 7 but never mind.....
    in the settings there is only a few ringtones to choose from for the default ringtone, but unfortunately the phone doesn't allow to set any song in my music folder or google play music. i do have music on the phone. i think google have decided to allow to set individual contacts a ringtone but cannot access my music to choose a ringtone. You would think been an android that this would be possible ........it was on my note 7.
    To get round this i have installed a 3rd party app which to me seems silly, the phone should be able to do that.
    in the terms of contacts and messaging there is no option to change the font or colour as i think as an individual taste the option should be there.
    anybodies thoughts................................
    10-24-2016 12:28 AM
    You need to copy them into the ringtone and or notification folder then you can see them when you want to choose them.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-24-2016 07:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! As daddyscooltv mentioned, your custom ringtones have to be in the Ringtones, Notifications, or Alarms directory in order for the system to add them to the list. The ringtones also have to be in mp3, wav, or ogg format.

Music you purchased from Google Play Store and downloaded to the phone can't be used directly, because tracks that were downloaded by the Google Play Music app are for offline use by that app only. You'd have to download the mp3 files from your Google Play Music library website on your computer, then copy those mp3 files to the appropriate directory on your phone via USB.
    10-24-2016 07:22 AM