False voicemail notifications

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm having random voicemail notifications pop up on my Pixel, even though I have no voicemails.

I've only ever seen this issue once before when I had a Samsung phone and I solved that by going into the phone app settings and clearing the data and cache. This solved the problem permanently.

I've tried the same fix with the Pixel, as well as rebooting etc. Can anyone offer any advice as I cannot make the notifications go away. Anyone else seen it?

Thought I'd ask before approaching my network and having to go through their "have you turned it off and on" routine.

Thanks.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having random voicemail notifications pop up on my Pixel, even though I have no voicemails.

I've only ever seen this issue once before when I had a Samsung phone and I solved that by going into the phone app settings and clearing the data and cache. This solved the problem permanently.

I've tried the same fix with the Pixel, as well as rebooting etc. Can anyone offer any advice as I cannot make the notifications go away. Anyone else seen it?

Thought I'd ask before approaching my network and having to go through their "have you turned it off and on" routine.

Thanks.

I still sometimes get this on my S7. If clearing the cache doesn't work I grab another phone and leave myself 3 voicemails (1 never seems to work for some reason). Then I listen to them and delete them one by one. Works everytime for me

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I still sometimes get this on my S7. If clearing the cache doesn't work I grab another phone and leave myself 3 voicemails (1 never seems to work for some reason). Then I listen to them and delete them one by one. Works everytime for me

Thanks I'll give it a try.