Samsung Gear S2 and Google Pixel Compatibility?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I read that the Nexus 6p had problems - some say they were worked out, some say they still had problems. Anyone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can someone please confirm that the Gear S2 watch will work with the Pixel?

I’ve done some searching but nothing which answers your question. Hopefully someone has experience with the same devices and can shed some light on whether the two work together.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can someone please confirm that the Gear S2 watch will work with the Pixel?

I read that the Nexus 6p had problems - some say they were worked out, some say they still had problems. Anyone?
Should work. I have my S2 Classic LTE paired with my 6P. Everything works fine. Just make sure you install the Gear Manager app and plugins.

xavier1415

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
ok so I bought the Gear S2 works now with my pixel Xl another problem is anybody getting calls to your watch too when somebody is calling your phone? I get all the notifications I set it to. to my watch but when somebody calls my phone my watch wont tell me

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I traded my gear s2 in for my gear fit two for running.

Glad to hear its working fine. Samsung was awesome for making it compatible with all of android so I can still use it despite having to give my note 7 back

And I got it for free with my note 7 ha

adebo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I have my Gear S2 connected to my Pixel, my car cannot connect to the Pixel properly. I have to turn off my Gear to get the phone to connect to the Pixel. From my Windows Phone days, I was able to use my band with no issue and when I got in the car my Lumia would connect to car just fine. Just started wearing the Gear this week after I picked up the Pixel so I do not know if it is the phone, Gear or even the car.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Gear S2 with LTE worked with my Nexus 6, then with my current Moto Z Force. Hoping it works well with my Pixel XL when I get it in December.

Mike Nathanson

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site

I have had 2 Gear S watches and have had very little trouble till now. Verizon is sending a new watch because after 3 total hrs and 2 days trying to connect was a pain. Looks like the application is having issues along with the watch.

First the guy said that it seems that the phone overrides the watch and factory resets it and that the watch shouldn't do that. Then he calls me back after I had the insurance send another and tells me he thinks it's the phone.

Good luck and I'll post here if it works out later ..