Pixel curved screen and tempered glass problem

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have my new pixel here and got tempered glass screen protectors for it. I very carefully put it on ensuring it was centered and wound up with a good eighth of an inch all the away around the screen that won't stick down. Looks awful and that's assuredly going to collect dirt.

So I guess we can't use screen protectors with this phone due to the curved screen!?! I don't think even a plastic one would conform to the screen on this phone without lifting up on the edges.

tandybr

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I think it should appear other screen protectors that work better on this screen. when I bought my N4, I have not found good screen protectors :'( only after a time

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with TGSPs. Going to go with a wet-application regular screen protector.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have my new pixel here and got tempered glass screen protectors for it. I very carefully put it on ensuring it was centered and wound up with a good eighth of an inch all the away around the screen that won't stick down. Looks awful and that's assuredly going to collect dirt.

So I guess we can't use screen protectors with this phone due to the curved screen!?! I don't think even a plastic one would conform to the screen on this phone without lifting up on the edges.
Do you really need a screen protector?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

thompsonmp

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Spigen screen protector is pretty poor. Feel, application etc all good but it's way too narrow.

I got a refund from Amazon for mine. I've left it on for now but the gap around the edges is getting annoying now

TavisB

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I got these

[2-Pack] Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Supershieldz Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZT3PG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5547003

From Amazon and I'm happy with them. They are smaller than the entire glass front so they stay flat. I use a case so the protector not going all the way to the edge is fine. It's exactly as wide as the screen fyi.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got these

[2-Pack] Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Supershieldz Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZT3PG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5547062

From Amazon and I'm happy with them. They are smaller than the entire glass front so they stay flat. I use a case so the protector not going all the way to the edge is fine. It's exactly as wide as the screen fyi.

This is exactly what I have for the pixel and they don't stick down on the edge. This difference in accessories is likely why AC left those forums separate, we are getting conflicting advice because these are different phones.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This is what it looks like on the correct size pixel.

21ime5j.jpg

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
bestskinsever.com

OK so I put one of these on and hope it looks better when it "cures" because what I have here isn't crystal clear and I'm sure if it looks like this tomorrow it's going to drive me crazy.

I'm thinking what I need is a tempered glass job that only covers the flat portion of the screen on the regular pixel. Anyone know of that style?